Roblox Summer 2020 Internship Opportunities!

Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching over 100 million players across the globe every month!

The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.

In 2018 and 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.

Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.

You Are:

• Passionate about building on the Roblox platform, user-generated content, social networking, and the Roblox community!
  • Adaptable and are able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
  • Eager to Learn and want real-world exposure to industry-leading frameworks and libraries.
  • Tenacious about learning and creating a great experience as you work hard with your team to reach collective goals.

You will:

• Have a direct impact in one of the following areas:

• Engineering @ Roblox - Become part of a team that works on key deliverables for Roblox, regularly ship code to production, and work collaboratively across the company. Have experience in one or more programming languages such as Python, C++, Lua, Swift, C# or Java. Working towards a CS degree is a plus!

• Product Management @ Roblox - Drive product features that directly benefit players and developers, collect data to inform product decisions, present your ideas and outcomes, and more. Working towards a CS degree is a plus!

• Design @ Roblox - Help our team provide vision and consistency across Roblox while designing, testing and delivering incredible features to a massive audience of Players and Developers! Work closely with Product, Engineering and Analytics to delight our customers. Working towards a degree in Design, HCI, Media or Cognitive Science is a plus!

Duration: 10 weeks (June 2020 - August 2020)

Requirements:

• Must be at least 18 years of age or older and authorized to work in the US
  • Available to intern during the dates of the program (June 2020 - August 2020)

To apply:

Complete the Google form by March 1, 2020. We are expecting a high volume of applications, so we’ll be in contact with you if there is a fit.

Application Deadline:

March 1, 2020

More info:

Check out our blog post to learn more about what it’s like to intern at Roblox!

141 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 14 minutes.

Hey there!

Is there any official communications channels for any questions regarding these opportunities?
Good luck for those who apply, planning to apply as well.

15 Likes

This forum post :upside_down_face:

18 Likes

May I ask for the engineering course how much experience in general you are looking for in coding languages? Like what proficiency do you require to apply for the job :smile:

2 Likes

Are we allowed to apply for this if we’re in the running for the Summer Accelerator program as well? I’m interested in Design @ Roblox since I’m majoring in CogSci with a specialization in Design right now. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Is it normal that theres no field for a resume or cover letter?

6 Likes

Is this a paid internship, with enough pay to live in the area for the duration of it?

15 Likes

Every summer I have the opportunity to do an internship with the course I am taking at my college, but we need to have the internship set-up around 10-12 months prior. In the future, are there any plans for applications for internships to open earlier than just four months prior to the program?

7 Likes

I applied a month or so ago via the Roblox Corp site – do I also need to fill out the Google form posted here?

Good luck to everyone applying! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does this application have anything to do with the “Design” internship currently posted? If we applied to that are we still considered for the design course or do we need to reapply?

2 Likes

Hi,

Feel free to direct message me and I can help answer any questions. Thanks!

4 Likes

Hi,

This is a separate application. If you are interested in both, please apply!

3 Likes

Thought I’d give it a shot. Roblox is what helped me discover my love for design in the first place.

3 Likes

Definitely applying!

Been waiting for this opportunity for years.

3 Likes

I would very much love to be a Roblox intern however I am on the east coast… If only a Roblox Charlotte or Atlanta would pop up…Roblox I await your response.

2 Likes

If I put a formal resume in my portfolio, will it be considered?

2 Likes

There is a section on the Google form to include a link to your portfolio or website. Feel free to include!

3 Likes

Yes, this is a paid internship. Roblox also provides a paid housing stipend for summer interns.

7 Likes