Roblox Video Player (Not Maintained)

Right, so basically doing it using RichText is pretty simple. One way of doing it is to create a for loop that goes through the provided hexadecimal color values in the array and for each line of the image create a new TextLabel with text, something like this:

In the end there’s really a lot of ways to do it and you just have to get creative.

3 Likes

Actually, the real problem is the link in the CombineData Module itself… So i am going to ask this. How did you replace the link? and what did you replac link with? My repo is public but it doesnt work…

1 Like

What do you get in the output?

When i did :film Test1 load myvideohere i later did :film Test1 play

if that is your problem

1 Like

@testingacc333330 Error 404 not found, Thats what i got as an error in the output. My GitHub account name is JojogamezHub and my repo name is “PacketDataStorage”

1 Like

Now its saying that it cant parse JSON. Come on man i need u, You got it to work meanwhile i cant.

1 Like

greedycanvas expects you to have color3s, so a better way would be to have a color palette and sample from that after decoding the data.

1 Like

on the backend where you create the pixel array you can just use RGB values and divide by 255 or convert the hex values from within the script inside Roblox.

1 Like

issue is you are creating color3 values and because color3s have no cache locality, on something as the quality of an image the GC wont have enough time to clean up (speaking from personal experience)

1 Like

Have you ever got this to work? JonYawn’s video player?

1 Like

Nvm, it works now. But man… @JonYawns wasnt kidding when he was saying that the code was unomptimized. Anyone here have any ideas on how we can optimize the code doe?

1 Like

I recommend not going High res with the current Video player (and high FPS).

Doing so will cause the scripts to timeout. Try to significantly reduce the amount of FPS and resolution.

1 Like

The Python code button just errors when I press it.

1 Like

I’ve changed it to the repl, it should work now

2 Likes

I get put on a blank page, but I am good now and don’t need the link.

2 Likes

How did u make it? Please i need to know

2 Likes

It’s simple, He didn’t.

And i dont know how the creator of it got it to work

3 Likes

I’m unable to load up the open-sourced place at all, it keeps loading and loading until it gives up and throws that unable to load error.

1 Like

I just loaded it up again and it works fine for me. Just to confirm, did you mean loading up roblox studio? If that’s the case, then that’ll be a studio problem that I can’t do much about.

1 Like

Yeah, I meant studio. Thanks for the help though.

1 Like

Also by any chance do you have teamcreate on in the place because for some reason it’s trying to open it with teamcreate…

The error I’m getting right now.

We could not join the Team Create session for place [8323925191]. Please restart your application and try again. 
If you continue to encounter this error, please report it on the Developer Forum. 
Incident ID: 4515237881129782814
Place ID: 8323925191
1 Like