Roblox VR System Update

I think you forgot that Android Roblox also already has VR support natively across all processors for Android basically (with the carboard thing)

It would only take a deal with Facebook and they could have it on there. And as for your second part not sure what your point is/what you mean but you mentioned a headset 10x less popular than the Quest hence why Roblox would not bother with it. They’ve already made a theory entry into VR all they need is something like the Quest to commercially start Roblox VR

6 Likes

Really? I didn’t know that actually, that’s kinda cool.

Oh, so you’re making that argument. There’s really no way we can know unless Roblox communicates with us, which they don’t do. As for “boo hoo your niche headset the Quest is way more popular” that’s not really a constructive way to have a discussion and I won’t continue further.

6 Likes

Not sure 'bout ya, however I can play gorilla tag both standalone and with connected with a pc and I see no difference, still pro with no tag lag on both occasions

4 Likes

I’ll have to try that method, sounds promising. I wish it was more of a ‘supported’ config and you didn’t have to carefully time the launching of the Roblox app and steam app. I was able to do it a few times by clicking Play then while still controlling the desktop, launching steam VR from the pc but it was very hit and miss whether it would catch at the right time.

Did you notice your key binds not working for some stuff vs the stock Link connection?

1 Like

In VR Hands for the life of me I could not get to chat, not sure if it is a button or not. I din’t play many games in VR since most had no players, and VR hands is just the first one to play. Its a shame roblox hates VR

2 Likes

Is there? All I see on the Roblox VR support page is the vive and rift.
There is also this forum post about the google cardboard where a roblox staff said they “can’t warp the camera’s view”.

3 Likes

Sweet! I’m so happy that ROBLOX is updating other consoles and giving them more support. I’m so excited to try this out! Great job ROBLOX! :smile:
3rd person camera could use some work though. Maybe if there was a setting to make the camera smoothly follow the player’s character model?

2 Likes

I tried Virtual Desktop and the launch method you described, that worked great, but the key binds make it unusable in the default settings.

I can’t jump with A. I can’t select menu items. I can’t use LB and RB, like with the Link connection it uses most Xbox controller buttons I think. I don’t know how to get Steam VR to act like that. So, I can use Link with cable(boo) and no sound. Or VirtualDesktop and Steam with perfect sound but no jump or menu access.

3 Likes

I can’t check right now, however, weren’t you able to map key binds? Also, did you make your settings?

2 Likes

this ruined everything, now all the buttons are used and do something instead of what you want them to do

3 Likes

Question, Do you think ROBLOX will ever come to any of the wireless consoles for VR? Quest, and Quest 2? I’ve been seeing a lot of talk around this recently, So i’m just confused haha, thanks.

2 Likes

I believe Roblox made a tweet a while ago stating that they are working on making Roblox accessible on every device and below was a picture of the Oculus Quest 2 with some sort of a new Roblox Menu. It also showed a PS5 controller with the same Roblox Menu. They then deleted the tweet but I believe they are working on Roblox for the Oculus Quest and other platforms right now.

Here’s a video explaining it more:

12 Likes

Awesome! Thank you! This helps a ton!

3 Likes

Now that I think about it, this might be why we got a new Roblox VR System Update, because Roblox might be coming to the Oculus Quest

2 Likes

So glad to see VR getting new life. Kudos to the guys at Roblox :slight_smile:

10 Likes

The VR on Roblox was already real, but this is an improvement that will definitely bring more audience in this aspect, which means that there will be more games with VR support, thanks for the update!

If out of nowhere VR glasses appear in front of me, I would definitely try it first on Roblox

2 Likes

What do you mean, I couldn’t do anything before, now I can do ‘something’ in most games. Sure there were a handful of games that were able to script usable functionality, but that doesn’t help VR users that want to play ANY game on Roblox(that wasn’t coded specifically for VR)

4 Likes

like, im trying to make vr games now, and for tp’ing and stuff to work you have to press right thumbstick first
its annoying

2 Likes

I think I know what you’re saying. The 3rd person view? It needs work for sure. I tried to drive my vehicle in my game from 3rd person view and once I got in, the car just drives away as I’m watching it from a distance. To drive it I had to use 1st person (by clicking the thumbstick to change views).

Are you saying when you TP the character is separated from the camera?

1 Like

No, tp’ing fully doesnt work, I change the camera cframe but I really need to find a way to make a new vr system.

2 Likes