Roblox VR System Update

No it doesnt. Ever heard of virtual desktop? Its like so cheap everyone can afford it

1 Like

I havenā€™t heard of virtual desktop, no need to be rude. Itā€™s probably more simple to use the cable, which is what I do.

1 Like

Its not more simple. Like just install virtual desktop both on the computer and the quest 1/2, add your quest name to the dekstop virtual desktop list and thats it. Wireless pcvr on the cheap.

1 Like

Okey dokey, but i can just plug in a cable and it works.

1 Like

There is also Air Link, which is free and is similar to Virtual Desktop

2 Likes

Air link has worse performance, is buggier and doesnā€™t own as many features as Virtual Desktop. It has way more ping, and that is the breaking point that made me switch to Virtual Desktop. From 120 ping I got 34 ping

3 Likes

Exactly, my oculus switched to Air Link for no reason and the screen is so pixalated, laggy and buggy. And it blurs random parts for no reason. This is why I barely play roblox on VR anymore. Idek how to toggle normal link.

4 Likes

Turn off Air Link in Experimental Features on the Quest, as well as Settings ā†’ Beta on the Oculus PC App

6 Likes

I donā€™t think that it actually switched automatically, maybe you got to experimental features and accidentally turned it on? However, that is impossible since you must activate it on your PC as well. Also it should be that pixelated. It isnā€™t even close to virtual desktop, however, it should not be 1200 x 900.

I will literally blow myself on fire if Iā€™m ever going to use cables again. Even with the best cable setup (Which costs like hundreds of dollars) you arent even close to the performance as a cheapo 75$ router and virtual desktop for 20$. TL;DR: It is expensive, and it feels like shit. Kids, donā€™t do cables.

4 Likes

Please donā€™t say this is something added by default as this would give an unfair advantage to a lot of users in say obby games, theyā€™d just be able to teleport around the map. I really hope this is something that can be toggled on if developers want to add support for it.

I propose that the teleport mechanism could be made into a ā€˜click to moveā€™ movement style.

6 Likes

But how do I chat in VR? 30chara

5 Likes

For now, Iā€™m pretty sure the developer has to implement their own in-game keyboard/chat for vr players.

7 Likes

While the Virtual Desktop app does perform better at communications it adds layers of complexity to get a Roblox game launched. Unless I am mistaken you must use Steam VR to run Roblox from Virtual Desktop. To launch Steam you lose your view of the desktop and the ability to click the play button on the game without taking off the headset.

Also the button mapping isnā€™t the same when using the SteamVR method and some of the new menu buttons didnā€™t work for me.

Please let me know if there is an easier way to play Roblox via Virtual Desktop on Oculus.

5 Likes

Does your Roblox game sound work with Oculus Link? Mine doesnā€™t. If I press the menu button to go back to the Link menu view I hear the game sound in the Oculus headset, but when I click to enter the game the sound goes silent.

4 Likes

Disable Air Link in Beta features on the PC and not sure where but in the VR headset menu disable it there also, then you should have the option to add the Link(wired) connection again, if that is what you prefer to use.

Yeah I tried Air Link on purpose and it was an unusable bandwidth hog.

7 Likes

Some games have the Nexus VR Character Model. And if the game you are playing has it, you can chat by opening the Nexus Menu with a gesture then clicking Chat.

4 Likes

It works well, you should look up your problem on google. Seems fixable, you might not be getting a volume connection to your pc.

4 Likes

If roblox wants to compete in the race for the metaverse, there needs to be better support for VR. I understand that support has always been something on the side, but there are some issues that need to be fixed, especially coming from this post.

Iā€™m not a big fan of the index controller support. The bottom trigger is completely removed where it should be triggered by the pressure sensor the controllers have. I still havenā€™t figured out how to open the menu, and the thumb sensors act just like the joysticks which isnā€™t comfortable when you accidentally tap them. Also odd, the pressure sensors are set to jump, which is also uncomfortable.

Smooth turning should be an option. I and many others canā€™t stand snap turning.

The vignette is also very annoying and disorienting. It needs to be optional, as it is in every other game that uses it.

10 Likes

You can do air link, but of course with a performance decrease

3 Likes

Uhh, no? Like press on the play button, and fast press on the menu button (the 3 lines on the left controller) and then press on steam vr? Like donā€™t even get the headset off. Its 2 clicks, even a 3 year old can do it

3 Likes