Roblox website on Safari opens both Roblox and the App Store

UPDATE: Recently upgraded to iOS 13, and the issue is still unresolved.

The Issue

Whenever you attempt to play a game (see below video) from Safari, both Roblox and the App Store will open. As far as I can tell, this bug occurs on all links that open the Roblox app (ex. "Continue in Roblox App", "Play", etc.).

Repro

To reproduce the bug:
  1. Using Safari, go to any Roblox game.
  2. Click the play button.
    *At the moment, this has only occurred for me on an iPhone XR.

This bug appears to be only on iOS, but it could also be present on Android since I am unable to test it there. If you are on mobile and want to try it out:

A video of the bug in action:

Other Info

• This occurred for me on an iPhone XR, running iOS 12.3.1 (most recent non-beta).
  • The latest update for Roblox mobile (2.392.317745) has not resolved it for me.
  • Devices affected so far:
    • iPhone XR (iOS 12.3.1)
    • iPhone 8 (iOS Public Beta 3)
8 Likes

I can confirm that this occurs for me as well on both my iPhone X on iOS 12.3.1 and iPad mini which is running the iOS 13 Beta. Any game which I attempt to launch in Safari takes me down the same route as the op. I’m using the latest version of the mobile app, version 2.390.312659 on both devices.

2 Likes

This has been resolved on both of my devices after yesterday’s update, 2.392.317745.

I also noticed it has stopped happening, latest update seems to have resolved it.

3 Likes

Still doesn’t resolve for me. I checked and I’ve installed the new update.

Nevermind

EDIT: Is your update the same as mine? When I checked mine was 2.392.317745.

What device are you on? Maybe it was only resolved on the iPhone X?

1 Like

I can also confirm that this bug is happening.

iPhone 8 on iOS 13 Public Beta 3.

I’m on the XR, it isn’t happening anymore so I’m just assuming it’s fixed.

1 Like

This has happened to me for as long as I can remember. It’s nothing in my settings (I’ve checked). Something weird happens with the signal I think.

This is also happening to me. It’s very annoying and I have to force close the app before I join a game like this.

1 Like

Still happening to me, the only time the App Store doesn’t launch is if I’m joining a private server.

1 Like

Isn’t this a general bug with iOS? I swear more apps besides Roblox do this, as in it opens the App Store to verify you have the app installed, if so, redirect to the Roblox App

1 Like

No, other apps work perfectly fine when clicking the “open” button. It still happens to this day, even with the IOS 14 update. I’ve tested this out with other apps and they work out just fine, not Roblox though.

I’m still surprised that this hasn’t been fixed yet, it’s harder to play games from pressing play in safari and playing the game in the app as it just takes you to the app and to the app store. Hopefully, this will be fixed soon.

Joining games on Roblox from Safari works fine for me. There is a slight delay when the app is opened but generally seems to work fine. Are you using the latest version of the Roblox app and using iOS 13/14?

2 Likes