Roblox won't launch after recently reinstalling windows

Hello, I have recently reinstalled windows and tried to install roblox. Installing roblox works fine but launching it doesn’t work at all - it doesn’t open or show in task manager. I also tried the Microsoft version but that closes instantly after I open it. Roblox studio is the only thing that opens for some reason. I have tried countless tutorials on how to fix Roblox not launching but none of them have worked. Other games work fine but Roblox just won’t open for some reason. Please help me, I’ve been trying to fix it for hours now. Also, Roblox launches fine on my other devices, it is specifically my pc that it doesn’t launch on.

2 Likes

You didn’t mention if you’ve tried uninstalling and installing it again. Sometimes programs have a glitch when they install so try it again.

ive tried that many many times, it just won’t launch. Roblox studio is the only thing that will open and work. I’ve even tried resetting my entire computer and it still doesn’t work

Hello, I can help you solve the problem as quickly as possible. I would like to know if you can click on your Roblox, open the files, and click on “troubleshoot compatibility issues” to see the result it gives you.

Yes I can. It comes up with try recommended settings and troubleshoot program;

Is this a compatibility issue that cannot be resolved by your computer during the test?

Yes. It still won’t open, but roblox studio works fine. The Microsoft version of roblox opens but it immediately closes.

Okay, this is part of Windows and your Roblox. Your Windows is not working properly with your Roblox, so it would be best to contact a Roblox technician to receive your ticket and have them perform the update that will be more suitable for your Roblox to work again. Inform them that this is due to a compatibility issue. I hope I have been able to address your problem. You can reach out to them through bug reports or by sending them a private message. Have a great day. :slight_smile:

Do you have

• GPU Monitoring software (RivaTuner Statistics Server, MSi Afterburner)?
  • Oculus software?
  • OBS?
  • Lenovo Legion?
  • Vencord?
  • ShareX?

Try disabling/stopping them in Task Manager or uninstalling them, and then try again.

If that doesn’t fix it, you could also check “Strategy Two” in this post:

You can also file a Bug Report where the engineers will investigate the cause if the above solution doesn’t fix the problem.

This sounds very interesting, but in reality, it all depends on the compatibility of her computer. She just needs to update her Roblox, so that her PC can adapt and be ready for future Roblox updates. This is done by a Roblox technician.

Try removing roblox files located on localappdata and appdata

This may not work anyway because it depends on the version. She herself said she had reset her PC 2 times, so it probably won’t work. It depends on the version.

Have you not heard of Hyperion? I.E., Roblox’s anticheat after acquiring Byfron? It automatically crashes Roblox if it detects any suspicious processes trying to interact with Roblox’s process memory. You seem to want to provide help to people encountering technical issues, so you should understand that general application crashes, not only Roblox’s, can be caused by:

• Faulty software on the user’s part
  • A bug in the program’s code
  • And yes, system compatibility

Roblox is an always-online application, it updates by itself. The only case where an engineer needs to intervene, is to analyze log files and crash dumps to determine the cause, and provide an explanation or implement a fix to the program’s code when necessary.

No, have you ever seen bug reports? What I mean is, it’s not just a bug, it’s a compatibility issue. In bug reports, sorry, but technicians are also there for compatibility problems. So, I don’t agree with you, because technicians have specific access to check everything. They can do an update in that case. Bug reports are for that, any problem can be fixed by technicians. They are also there to fix corrupted files, we don’t need specific software to fix them, just check the PC. I know this because I have had contact with technicians before, even on Roblox. I myself have had this problem, even Roblox Player and Studio weren’t working. In that case, resetting the PC is useless, Roblox just needs to adapt its version to the PC. PCs also have registries that may not be powerful enough to run Roblox due to code errors, there is no question of software.

I believe there is some misunderstanding here… I am simply saying that OP’s Roblox Player might not be working because Hyperion is crashing it before the window even opens, because it may be detecting suspicious interference. For example:

The reason I mentioned “Oculus software” in my first reply to this thread, was because I had seen that an engineer focused on Hyperion had diagnosed that another user’s crashes were caused by a part of the Oculus VR firmware they had installed from their VR headset.

If you wish to continue this conversation, we should do so in DMs without filling up this thread :slight_smile:

Try running your Roblox shortcut in compatibility mode. This might not solve your issue, but have a try, and maybe theres some problem with your undated graphics driver that causes your Roblox Player not to launching. This also happen to me with my laptop, I forgot the things I did to fix this problem.

What are your hardware specifications, and what is the OS? To see your windows version hold the windows logo key and “R” key at the same time. You will see a “run” box. Type “winver” without quotations and click enter.

That will display your Operating System or Windows Version.

Next, right click on the taskbar, (the bottom bar with your applications/programs). Click task manager and give the Ram amount, Processor model and Graphics card only.

If you dont catch on or it doesnt display that, hold the windows key and “R” key and type “msinfo32”.

Give us Ram type processor brand and model, and graphics card name along with your operating system ONLY.

You may also need to edit the registry or look deeper into the files.