Roblox client unexpectedly crashes without error message

This is not supposed to be a solution, but it would help us to narrow down the issue.

Do y’all take zip files or do i send dmp files unzipped?

You need to upload it to Google Drive or something similar, as even when zipped, the crash dump will be too large for a forum post.

1 Like

Are y’all able to access this google drive file?
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/procdump-crash-report-zip-file-11-gb/2741265

Sending the link in a DM would have been preferable for security reasons. Either way, I have received the crash dump, so please feel free to delete your post.
Also, please expect some delay before I can attend to it, as my queue is once again rather filled up.

4 Likes

The crash occurs in LibOVRRT64_1.dll . Please try uninstalling all Oculus software on your machine, restart it, and then run the client again.

13 Likes

Crashing seems to happen in select games for me, Roblox works fine in some other game but I can’t play that one game that just keeps crashing minutes in the game, though crash times are inconsistent.

Same, idk if its real or not but it seems to me like screen gui’s may be related to the crash, seems like games with more elaborate screen gui’s seems to crash more. Could be my imagination though too.

1 Like

Question:
If this crash isn’t generating a dump file and isn’t written to the client log, is it even being tracked at all by Roblox? Are these crashes even showing up in the client crash counts? Or is this a ghost issue that isn’t even being looked at?

I don’t have a way to provide any evidence of any of these crashes that happen daily and cause much frustration in games where progress is lost.

Seems like there needs to be an update to the client to force it to write something somewhere if it dies.

4 Likes

My roblox freezes when i click chat icon or someone type something on chat.
It also laggs when im clicking ESC

4 Likes

If anyone still has this problem then I’ve found a way to fix it. (Only tested on windows 11)

1. On your PC go to your files app and right click on My PC
  2. Go to properties and then advanced system settings
  3. Under advanced click performance settings → Advanced
  4. Under virtual memory click change
  5. If automatically manage is checked then uncheck it
  6. Select no paging file and ok

I’ve only tested this on windows 11 and it works great and avoids crashes. Roblox constently crashing is windows fault so if you are still experiencing it then this is how to fix it. (It may also fix memory management blue screen errors as well)

Edit: It only works the first session of your computer being on. Odd

4 Likes

This has been happening to me a lot recently. Roblox just keeps crashing with no error message at all.

I don’t know what Roblox has done to their platform recently, but whatever they did has caused this issue and many other issues, such as loading times, etc.

I really hope they fix this because Roblox is unplayable for me right now with these crashes randomly happening every 10ish minutes.

6 Likes

Been having this issue ever since Byfron has been added.

I did notice that the crash seems to happens less frequently when I stop one of my program that allow me to switch my PC’s LED colors.
(It’s a built-in program from the producer)

On a good day I’d get no crash at all, on a bad day I would be unablei to play at all for the whole day.

No idea what is causing those crash precisely, my guess is that byfron flag something as a potential threat and shut down the client as security measure - and since it is not sure if it is a malicious program - do not flag your account or anything.

I could be wrong, maybe it’s just that some games are really poorly optimized and result in the client shutting down.

4 Likes

I’ve fixed it for myself. I deleted every file that relates to Roblox, then reinstalled it.

I recently uninstalled all Oculus software on my computer and it seems to have resolved the issue.

4 Likes

Still happening to me as well, very frustrating for games like Outlaster where you lose your progress after a 15 minute campaign.

@Bitdancer , FYI this is still a very prevalent issue causing much frustration to many users. Unfortunately I do not know of a way to capture any proof as the client log just stops and no memory dump is generated.

9 Likes

As of late December 2023, this has been happening to me mostly in Bedwars, especially 5v5 which is a game mode with a small map. There is 10 people in the game and I was playing Ranked at the time and it randomly crashed when I just collected an ore.

2 Likes

It also happened to me I also experienced that kind of issue today. Yesterday, I was able to use Roblox and Roblox studio without any problems. But today is different, so first the Roblox studio If I open the studio it will caused my entire monitor screen to go black. and then it crashes my Discord and cause lag in my Blender and then the studio decided to close itself without any error message. For me to get over it I have to fully close Blender and Discord.

When I attempt to play the game inside Roblox studio or test play the game, it just of course crashes and closes itself. but for regular Roblox, I can still play it if the game has its own menu screen system. however, at the moment I click “Play” button to exit the game menu for me to play, Roblox crashes immediately without showing me any error messages.

2 Likes

i think something is going on.

this is not just an issue with software being blocked by hyperion, but usually i’ve also noticed that before crashing my cpu usage spikes up for a few minutes. i also got a bsod because my chipset driver crashed???

4 Likes

This started happening to me too after the new year, especially whenever I zoom in or out in games, and whenever I use chat. It happens on any game. Studio seems to work fine for me though.

2 Likes