[ROBLOXCRITICAL] Uploading copyrighted audio automatically terminating accounts

Confirmed- this is all over ROBLOX Reddit and Discord servers, goodness, this needs to be resolved right away. In the meantime, definitely would recommend to stay away from uploading assets.

Hope this gets fixed; I need to upload my fire mixtape this instant. :fire:

9 Likes

I’m a little scared to upload any audio at the moment because of this issue. I make my own music for games, so if anything happens with that, then something is wrong. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

At least four of my friends have had their account terminated because of this in the past two days. Hopefully it is resolved, very scary!

6 Likes

Allegedly, the issue derives from audio refunds going haywire and people getting too much robux, so they’re getting terminated for an “exploit”. I would’ve thought from what was said on the thread about copyrighted music no one was getting refunds, but apparently look where we are now.

5 Likes

One more thing to add- what is appeals currently doing about this?
For example, look at an email such as this one:

“Moreover, if we have credited your account with more Robux then please do not worry your account would not get in any trouble if there were a glitch on our end enjoy your Robux.”

They’re terminating accounts for this.

9 Likes

This feels eerily similar to this

7 Likes

Seems kind of ironic they moderated themselves…

6 Likes

Completely unfair. The termination system is corrupt. Please fix this roblox.

6 Likes

This just begs the question, will this effect those that have already uploaded copyrighted music too? Also, it’s quite funny how the whole bot situation isn’t being taken care of, yet this “solution” is completely barbaric!

Roblox, don’t turn into another YouTube. PLEASE.

5 Likes

They need to listen to our complaints and take note of them. I rarely see them respond.

3 Likes

This event has happened to my account being terminated 2 nights ago, and I just received this update from appeals:

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/account-terminated-for-something-i-been-notified-refunded-about/142819/25?u=thedreamdealer

So… not only are people getting terminated by a bot (and it’s still not been stopped yet), but Roblox are going directly against their word when ‘reviewing’ appeals.

I say ‘reviewing’ because the appeals system is completely broken and practically useless. I’ve seen so many unfair bans where people have gone to appeals to verify, and they confirm that they were breaking the rules with no indication of what it was that actually made them deserve the ban.
I’m talking things like how if you get banned for an old decal or audio you uploaded, they don’t tell you what it was. How is that meant to be useful at all? I can’t understand how anyone working at Roblox feels the moderation system is good enough right now, because it really isn’t.

12 Likes

Appeals system is basically the same for dev ex as well where they tell you “dev ex can be declined for x y z” but not why your dev ex was declined. Roblox really needs to rethink its customer support.

Side note, Ubisoft customer support it so bad. I report a hacker and the system sends me a message like Roblox does that they got my email and will reply it within 48 hours. 2 days later I get an email saying the email chain is now closed because I didn’t respond within 2 days… they said they were going to email me, how does that even make sense … I already emailed them all the information.

Customer support from companies just seem to dodge any customer support.

4 Likes

At this point it seems like the appeals email only exists to offload responsibility of dealing with upset banned people

4 Likes

My friend, owner of a group of over 11k members got a nice “little” 14 day ban for this. She was really confused as all she did was uploading audio as normal. This should we fixed as it’s affecting hundreds of users.

Not true, I had to appeal a suspension of my game and it helped. But I believe it’s hard to admit that you’ve screwed up yourself and that the one appealing is innocent.

Roblox just released an update regarding this incident, I’d direct her to this post

3 Likes

Issue has been resolved. Hopefully Roblox will restored the wrongfully banned / terminated accounts.

2 Likes

Based on the other threads, it is very hit or miss right now. There is one odd artifact of this with one of the people mentioned in the OP: https://twitter.com/SOULSTREETS1/status/1014870171415187457

This is the message that was in their appeal (image posted in tweet):

It looks like moderation wasn’t prepared for this type of incident, considering appeals after this are being ignored if ones were sent before this bug was discovered.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.