Roblox's Late 2018/Early 2019 CoreGui... in 2023!

After months of trying I finally made this! Since I used a hacky method to remove the Roblox topbar icon, most things relating to the PlayerGui broke, so things like viewing the player’s outfit or checking if user is 13+ or not (Not sure if this is even possible) don’t quite work, but I’m working on it!

Now all that’s left is fixing the bugs, bringing back the old bubble chat and cursor, and bringing back the iconic roblox death soun- I mean uh Roblox please don’t sue me

19 Likes

I already love this, I like the new CoreGui but this is waaaaay better, you are a legend

By the way

Hope you are gonna take the sou- I mean the THING back

1 Like

Damn, who knew that this could be nostalgic.

Well then, good job!! I’d love to see this in Roblox in 2023. I mean, actually, to get to play with it.

I will make sure to include this in at least one of my games once this is finished! It won’t be exactly like old Roblox (for example, you get an annoying confirmation prompt whenever you friend someone using the custom playerlist, etc) but it will be close enough!

Good to hear! Please keep us posted!!

Me: :star_struck:

This looks incredible such a satisfying look lol

Great job!

1 Like

This CoreGui is nostalgic. When will you to release this? I really wanted this!!

1 Like

I’m currently working on an open-source module to make working on the server easier, but as soon as I finish that I’ll work on getting friend requests to work, then the topbar buttons, and then I’ll release it :wink:

1 Like

this look cool, but i think this will end up getting your account terminated, but theres this sound OOF - Roblox, just set the timeposition to 0.535 and done (please roblox dont sue me too)

3 Likes

does it also remove the new roblox menu bar ingame?

Don’t worry, I’ve seen popular games like Arsenal hide the top left icon too (If you enter some weird code in Arsenal, it’ll take you to some weird first person place that doesn’t have the top-left icon and has a jumpscare at the end) so if that’s your concern then I can assure you Roblox won’t ban it : )

i also need it for my old roblox remake :cry:

What do you mean with menu bar? If you mean the Roblox logo icon on the top-left, that brings up the pause menu, then yes, that is shown to be removed in my screenshot :+1:

can you send me the earlier thing for my top menu left icon so i can remove it, theres a gameplay of my old roblox but it has the menu in it(plus if you send it retrostudio would prob use it too since they are 100% like old roblox)

Wdym with earlier thing? If you’re talking about removing the topbar icon, don’t worry, I’m going to release this soon- likely, so you won’t have to wait that long :wink:

All I really need to do is fix friend requests, then make the chat (and a custom escape menu, since the default one is, well, disabled) work, then I’ll release this publicly

can i just have it for this lil simple game (just the code to remove it)

nvm i have time left lol eeeeeee

sorry if im being a bother for you

Also, sorry to ask, but how did you make the old Roblox game? A while after being, well, halfway done with this, I felt like working on this but using very old Roblox UI instead (like the one you’re using), alongside the old physics and just overall look of the game, but couldn’t figure it out since it was mostly YouTube tutorials that just showed how to make the old UI or add old looking NPCs

do u want the place?, its faster