Robux transaction list is incomplete

Summary

It is not possible to accurately reconcile my Robux balance because the list of transactions affecting my balance is incomplete.

Steps to reproduce

1. Note your Robux balance
  2. Run a 1-day Sponsored Ad for a cost of 1000 Robux
  3. Notice your Robux balance is immediately reduced by 1000
  4. Visit the Robux Transactions Page
  5. Notice there is no record of the 1000 Robux transaction that affected your balance

Observed Behavior

There is no available way to get a true picture of the actual transactions affecting the balance, because certain adjustments are not visible on the Transactions page, including Sponsored Ad spend.

Expected Behavior

The Robux balance should be treated with the same accuracy as any other Stored Value account, the value and the transactions affecting it are critically important to have accurately documented. You would not expect your Bank Account balance to have changes that are not fully documented in the Ledger. At a minimum, expect to have a category to view Advertising Spend and any other transactions which may be currently hidden from view on this page.

1 Like

We’ve filled a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and we will update you when we have further information.

Thanks for the report!

2 Likes

Hey @FirstVertex

One of our engineers wants to know these things:

1. The example you gave in “Steps to reproduce” was something that actually happened to you or just an example scenario?
    Asking because he checked our backend records, but there was no recent charge of 1000 Robux sponsored ad from you.
    If it was real, could we get some details on when you bought it? (the day could be enough)
  2. Do you see any records in the “My transaction page” for previously bought sponsored ads? There should be a sponsored ad drop down category like in this image:

Let me know, thanks!

The 1000 Robux was just an example.

If you look at my Sponsored Ad page, you’ll see dozens of examples of ads that I try to run, that Roblox stops. (Tracking this bug separately). Each time, the Robux are removed from the account with no record. Also, when the system stops my ads, it gives me a refund, and the refund is also not ever visible in my Robux account ledger. Both of those transactions should be visible, somewhere.

In the picture that you posted, there is a category in the dropdown for “Sponsored Ad Spend”. But on my account when I look for that, I do not see that option in the dropdown!

Gotcha, we will be back if we need more information!

Thank you!

1 Like

it’s been 1 month. I guess nobody is actually working on this because it is not fixed. @Focia19 can you please follow up and provide an estimate of when someone will fix the problem?

1 Like

Hey there, on a previous post (Sponsored ads going into a STOPPED state - #25 by FirstVertex) you asked me if I have the same problem. While I’m trying to get my robux back for the Roblox’s fault of broken sponsored advertisement, I just realized I don’t have listed broken sponsored ad. I said previously that this bug didn’t affect me (sponsored ad spend), however now it was either my fault that I didn’t notice or the broken sponsored dissapeared.

@NorthLodgeDragon has refunded me 115,000+ Robux for Sponsored Ads that I had paid for when they were stopped. I provided a list of affected Sponsored Ads in a DM. Hopefully they can help you out as well.

Now that it’s the year’s end I have the need for accurate reporting for tax purposes, and I still can’t see this Sponsored Ad Spend page of the Robux transaction list at all, in my account. What I do have though is a record of the refund transactions that appear under Roblox Adjustments category.

That’s awesome, I’m waiting already about 20 days for their response lol.

@Focia19 the issue is still present in my account.

I am unable to see the “Sponsored Ad Spend” option in the dropdown on my Robux transaction list.

I first reported this issue in November. I followed up a month later at the end of December. Now 4 months have passed and the bug is still present. This does need to get fixed, because I need to audit my sponsored ad spend for tax and accounting reasons!

/cc @KnightGaladeld can we investigate why my account data is corrupted to the point that I can’t view this section of the Robux transaction list, while every other Roblox user account seems to not have this issue?

Thanks for flagging the bug report to the team. Our engineering team has identified the root cause and resolved the issue.

4 Likes

Confirmed this is no longer an issue! Thanks for solving it :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.