RoCommit: Git-like Webhook Logging

Have you ever wanted to share live progress of your game with your audience or other developers?
Want to keep things simple and organized with your developers?

Introducing: RoCommit

(A plugin inspired by RoLink)

RoCommit is an extension used to help with collaborative editing.
This extension gives you the option of sending changes of any script changes to a Discord channel using a webhook link.

This is similar to the Github bot, but it’s roblox.

Get it on ROBLOX

Setting Up

Install the plugin here
Make sure you have HTTP Requests and API Services allowed in security settings

You can start using the plugin right away, but for the first time use you will be required to enter a webhook URL that is then used for the place.

(If you ever want to edit it, press the info icon and you can edit it anytime)

Questions & Answers

Q: My plugin won’t run
A: Make sure your place has HTTP Requests and API Services allowed

Another plugin of mine that integrates with your discord: StudioPresence
A plugin for builders: Color Offset

28 Likes

So, so cool, definitely going to use the source code to learn from!

3 Likes

I’m very happy to see that my plugin has inspired the development of others! Thank you so much for this contribution.

I wasn’t really planning on pushing forward with RoLink, especially with all these new webhook complications so I wish you the best of luck on maintaining yours. I will personally use it.

5 Likes

Really awesome and useful creation, I’m pretty sure this is going to tie some loose problems in terms of collaborative environments

Really great invention, credits to @httpDerpyy as well :+1:

2 Likes

hey derpy!
Thanks for stopping by, I don’t have any future plans for the plugin at the moment as the only purpose is already built in, maybe I can expand it to show status on your discord profile too (Discord Activities) but that’s another topic.

Thanks for creating RoLink :smile:

2 Likes

Very nice Plugin, finaly as Manager i can track what my Scripters are doing. Keep up the good work !

1 Like

Such a great plugin to track latest changes for scripts. I personally would use it to let other programmers in my team know what i have changed in my scripts. Keep up the good work mate! :heart:

1 Like

Please give me any suggestions for this plugin, I will be maintaining it but I currently have no ideas in mind

Plugin tries to obtain source code of non-existent scripts such as services like these.

1 Like

Thank you for the report,
I just updated RoCommit to v1.1 with a bug fix to it, now RoCommit uses StudioService.ActiveScript too.

1 Like

I also made a similar logging system for self use some time ago and it looks like this:

Not the ideal one but I think it’s nice to have an image of place and player’s avatar thumbnail :wink:
I can provide a code if you want.

2 Likes

really nice idea, thank you! (:

1 Like

i’ve made an icon for the plugin, roblox and discord logo combined, icon taken down because of ToS and now the plugin is ‘malicious’, you cannot use it for now, i have to contact support over it, sorry!

1 Like

Plugin working again!
You must use the new plugin, old one is no longer functional.

RoCommit has updated!
Fixed several annoying bugs and changed the look of the logs!

Format updated once again along with some annoying bug fixes :>

1 Like