StudioPresence - Studio/Discord Rich Presence!

A copy of README

StudioPresence v3.0.1

A plugin to connect your Studio with Discord!
Heavily inspired by DRPC by RigidStudios

Examples

Installation

• Download Server Here and Roblox Plugin Here
• Next, extract the already installed Server to a new folder (Inside desktop recommended).
• Run it! (If you’re using MacOS, you must run it through the terminal, move to the location of the binary and execute ./roblox-drpc.macos)

You might have an issue with the antivirus incorrectly flagging it as a virus, click “keep” and if needed exclude the file from your antivirus.

Note: The cmd window needs to be open in order for the plugin to work!

If you have any issues, contact me via my twitter!

Special thanks to

xhayper - v3.0.1
Coyenn - v2
Rigid Studios - Original DRPC
Eltobb - Vanilla icons (Modified)

41 Likes

Thanks to @iArxic for letting me use this plugin early. I’ve been using it past few months, it’s really useful and i really love this plugin! It’s very cool for being able to share on discord what you’re doing in roblox studio.

Good job and keep up the amazing work! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Really nice plugin! Now it’ll at least let my friends know what I’m doing instead of them spamming and calling me :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Not sure if it’s supposed to happen, but the program closes along with the installed node-modules folder.

1 Like

You can port http to express, i can make a fork now of porting it

1 Like

Hey!
The program is still pretty new, please message me on twitter (@iArxic) or Discord arxy#6622 so we can find a solution and I can update the plugin

have a great day (:

1 Like

What’d be the benefits of that? (I’ve not used it yet)

1 Like

Take a look at this.
javascript - what's the technical difference between express and http, and connect for that matter - Stack Overflow.

2 Likes

the window closes itself right after being done and does nothing to my presence
is that normal

resolved it with arxy, big thanks to him

2 Likes

Hey!
Please contact me on discord arxy#6622 so we can resolve this as fast as possible

1 Like

Well done on this, would love to see suport for variables and dynamic scenes the same way I had organized it, but I can feel the polish on this, good stuff!

2 Likes

Using express is a bit obtuse, it would require people to actually download express which is a useless dependency when http already works fine and without issue.

2 Likes

Does this plugin support the Discord Web App?

1 Like

Hey, the plugin does not support the Discord Web App.

2 Likes

Thank you!
I’ve been using your plugin for a long time so I thought I’d try to create mine for fun and see how will it turn out.
Your plugin taught me a lot of interesting stuff and thank you for making it open sourced.

Wish you a merry christmas! <3

you can preinstall it in the zip but do whatever you want

Yoo this seems cool similar to discord presence on vs code. If i may ask, how do u do this?

There is an additional package that isn’t usually installed on Windows 11.0.0 or higher. I haven’t got time to debug this myself but I opened a GitHub issue about it.

Link: "Cannot find module 'discord-rpc'" discord-rpc module not installed when running "runner.bat" · Issue #1 · iArxic/StudioPresence · GitHub

1 Like

I’ve created a fork of your project on GitHub and implemented the following:

• MacOS support
  • standalone .exe and binary generation (You don’t need to install NodeJS or node_modules anymore)
  • converted your plugin to a Rojo project
  • converted your JavaScript project to TypeScript
  • reformatted your plugin using Stylua
  • added GitHub Actions CD workflow that builds the plugin .rbxm file and the standalone Windows .exe and MacOS binary

Here’s my fork: GitHub - Coyenn/StudioPresence: Connect your Studio with Discord!

Also, please take a look at Merge pull request #2 from Coyenn/main · Coyenn/StudioPresence@674e970 · GitHub to understand what I mean by “GitHub Actions CD workflow”.

I hope you don’t mind me restructuring everything :slight_smile:

4 Likes

hey, the plugin sends info to your local port (basically the entire embed) and the script only gives it to discord, so the server basically acts like a proxy between roblox and discord

1 Like