RoCurve - Create Smooth Part Curves

Has the new UI been added to the plugin?

Yeah, it has :slight_smile: I’ve fixed 1 or 2 bugs as well.

2 Likes

Oop, I added 9,000,000 curves and…

All progress on the game i was working on lost lol :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Haha, turns out studio still can’t handle 9,000,000 parts. I could add limits on how many parts people could have, but it is more fun to let people attempt to have a 9,000,000 part curve :wink:

1 Like

Love the plugin @Infinite_Visions.

One thing I have thoughts about is when you select parts. Unless somebody already said this, I personally would find it easier if the parts I want to select are highlighted with a selection box or something (before the preview curve is made). This would make it easier at least for me to see if I selected the right parts, let alone any parts.

Another thing is maybe a way to rotate the green box that you move to change the curve’s structure?

For rotation, you can change if it’s along the world or local space, like the part in the video. The green box however doesn’t have this feature. I think it would be nice to have that.

Other than those two critiques, this is a very great plugin. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! Just as a heads up, you are on the older version (if you update the plugin, there should be a newer ui)

The selection box is a great idea, I’ve been working out the logistics of it :slight_smile: I’ll let you know when it works out, thanks for your ideas!

2 Likes

Just updated to the newer version. UI looks much better than it did before… being honest :sweat_smile:

You may also want to make the UI draggable. Like some other plugins, their UI is draggable so it can be moved anywhere on the screen for the user’s convenience.

Thanks again though!

3 Likes

That must be a good looking game then…

1 Like

May I suggest that instead of defaulting to using the plastic material and having studs on the top surface to instead copy whatever properties the part that you select for Start. Depending on how many segments you generate it can be tedious to have to manually change every part to match the Start and Finish parts in term of material and surfaces

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the suggestion! I haven’t updated this plugin in a long time now. However, people seem to like it, and I believe it may be worth it.

The following features are yet to be added:

• Better curve aligning/algorithm. This would result in more gapfill-like curves, that fit the two start parts together perfectly.
  • Better material matching/color matching
  • Bug fixing/better UI/interface
  • Toggleable support for union/mesh curves, instead of parts (as suggested by @ShadowFox2)

If I do update with these features, would anyone use this plugin?

• I would DEFINATELY use this plugin
  • I might be more willing to use this plugin
  • I wouldn’t use this plugin

0 voters

1 Like

Can you perhaps throw support for using Unions onto that list of possible features? :slight_smile:

Im not sure how taxing that would be to visualize, but perhaps it is too performance heavy to constantly update a live preview using Unions perhaps opt to use a placeholder part sorta like the image above and then use the Union when doing the final generation.

1 Like

Yeah, I haven’t thought of that. Basically, cloning/aligning the union along the curve, instead of parts, correct? Would work great for plumbing :wink:

2 Likes

I think you’ve added the suggestion to the wrong list lol. Seems to be added to the poll and not the bullet list

EDIT: :+1:

1 Like

LOL

I must be getting very tired, thanks for pointing this out. I think it’s about time I update this plugin. For anyone curious, you can expect the update anywhere from a day to a week from now.

1 Like

It’s cool but I’m not much of a Roblox dev right now.

1 Like

Is it possible to make this work with cylinder parts?