RoCurve - Create Smooth Part Curves

About The Developer

Hey all,
I’m Infinite_Visions, an advanced Roblox scripter, owner of Visions Games. Let’s jump into it.

What is RoCurve?

RoCurve is a tool for building curves inside Roblox Studio. With this, you can design any curve you want, with however many parts you want it to be made out of. It makes building curves easy.

Where Can I Get RoCurve?

You can find it here: RoCurve - Make Smooth Part Curves - Roblox

How Do I Use RoCurve?

Instructions
  1. Set up 2 parts - the Start, and the Finish. Set these part sizes to the width and height you want the curve to be.

2. Using the plugin, select the two parts. A middle one will appear, move this to preview the curve.

1. You can then change the amount of parts you want in the curve (the more parts there are, the better the curve). Following that, “Generate” the curve.
  • Note: It is recommended you don’t do any less parts in your curve than 3, and no more than 100.

RoCurve Showcase

Examples

–Builds Below

Build By @Crazedbrick1

–Builds Above

Important Notice:

• This is new, and as such, has bugs.
  • This plugin uses Bevier Curves. That means the curve will go half way between the middle point. You’ll have to take this into consideration when using this plugin.

What Updates Are Coming To RoCurve?

• Bug Fixes

• List Of Known Bugs:

• If you make the “Start” part the one on the farthest right side, there are gaps inbetween the parts.
  • Better support for curves spanning different heights.

• Possible Support for Curves in Guis.

How Can I Support RoCurve?

• Install It
  • Suggest it To Friends
  • You can Donate Here: Donate Place

Additional Credits:

Plugin Source Code: RoCurve Source Code - Pastebin.com

What do you want to see with this plugin? Give me your ideas! Find bugs? Let me know! Thanks!

75 Likes

I would like to see this with GUIs. Would be great use for my game.

Also, is the source code provided?

3 Likes

Aah, this was for Crazedbrick1, and I saw you in scripting support, it all makes sense now, although he probably wasn’t expecting bezier curves, this plugin is very useful and I’ll be using it, but does it work when the parts are not on the same level?

4 Likes

It does, it a fashion. The angles get messed up, I am still working on it. It is most compatible with parts on the same level. Thanks for the quesion!

1 Like

Is it possible to make cubic curves with this?

if you don’t know what I mean, I mean this graph/line:

1 Like

Yes, in a fashion. You can do multiple curves linked together. I have yet to add support for more than a three-part curve, but it is doable.

The Source code has been added to the article, feel free to scan through it.

1 Like

@Crazedbrick1 will surely be happy. You created this extremely fast and it sounds great, keep up the good work.

2 Likes

this gonna be on @Crazedbrick1 his long list of building tips to do

• use the RoCurve plugin now!
1 Like

The code is here, feel free to look through the math:
RoCurve Source Code - Pastebin.com

It uses Bezier Curves, which you can read about Here . Just let me know if you have any other questions :wink:

1 Like

Maybe add a feature where the curve changes live in the preview section when you move the points around?

1 Like

That’s the plan :slight_smile:
@Crazedbrick1 and @Ukendio, I plan on steering this plugin further away from Bezier curves, and making it easier to use (I’ll be branching out to better curves, curves within frames/guis, etc). While that other plugin is probably better, I’ll be maintaining this one. This is a personal challenge for me, and for 2 days of work, I’m happy with the result :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Wow it looks interesting! can it be used to make streets? :thinking:

it would be great to see a tutorial with streets :smiley:

2 Likes

You can definitely use it to make streets! You can make the curves, then use Gapfill, or something else to fill it in.

1 Like

New update, for easier/better curves:

As you can see, you no longer have to select the middle part. At the same time, it has an automatic preview feature, for better/easier curves.

That was a great idea, and as you can see, it has been added.

RoCurve is specifically designed for building, as you may know. It allows you to choose how many parts per curve, and calculates the height/width of the curve. I will be providing ruitine updates, as the one described above, to make this more and more relevant/useful :slight_smile:

Enjoy!

2 Likes

best plugin better than archimedes

2 Likes

Haha, thanks. I don’t think it’s better than archimedes (it has a few bugs I’m working out), but it means a lot.

1 Like

i bet you put the thing in a while loop

1 Like

Not quite. Whenever they move the part, it fires the function, which generates the preview (if that is what you are talking about). There are no while-loops in it.

oh just just moving the curve every time the middle part position changes nioce

2 Likes