RoGMT | Global Moderation Team

Absolutely no controversy about this! Thank you.

Not currently hiring staff until I make Temp Bans and a cooldown per ban (To avoid abuse). Join our Discord for update notices, and when we’ll have staff applications open.

Discord Server (for support, and emergency reporting)

Yes. It’s another one of those Global Moderation Teams. We’re using a proxy and a Discord Bot to record bans. And it’s absolutely free to the Roblox Community!

Information

It took me about 4 months to complete stability of the Proxy and Discord bot. I am hoping that people will actually use our system.

If you are the owner of the game or the friend of the owner and you get banned from RoGMT you will be whitelisted from the ban on that game only.

Most of the time people don’t really trust Global Moderation teams for “They can be abused by staff members” or “We don’t know who’s moderating! And how do we know they won’t abuse the system?”. This is why Staff applications are currently closed until I can make cooldowns for bans per staff member and make temporary bans. (and have bans lifted by HR)

Not only that. We can unban people with ease. So it’s not like staff can just ban everyone on Roblox!

Installation

Firstly. Upload your game to Roblox and go in to the Game Settings and enable “Allow HTTP Requests” so our server can communicate with your game.

Then put this in a Script and put it in ServerScriptService. Everything will work correctly!

require(7900585718)

Game Privacy

We keep the privacy of our users seriously.

We will only take UserId’s, Game ID, and player reports. Chat Messages, Script Code, Models, etc will not be taken.

Reporting

You can use our Discord to report users! Or you can use the in game report menu.

Firstly click the Report Button/Flag on the bottom right of your screen. It should look like this:

It should open up a menu where you can put the Players UserID, brief description, and evidence.

If you’re in a Server that has more than 1 person inside of it. You should see names on the Right side of the UI. Clicking on the Name will automatically put the players UserId in the box.

image_2021-12-25_214405

Just remember that Troll Reports can get you banned from RoGMT games and is not recommended.

Update 12/28/2021

We are instead using a VPS instead of my local network. Now you should have pretty fast speeds!

9 Likes

You probably shouldn’t/aren’t allowed to have the Discord invite link in the ui.

4 Likes

Is it like breaking a rule? If so I can change it.

It promotes going to off-Roblox services.

2 Likes

You can have Discord invites in groups and games anyways though

1 Like

If a staff member requests it. I’ll take it down.

You need to use the policy service api before showing any discord links.

2kowl_117191

This means that using this module, in its current state, is against community guidelines.

6 Likes

I highly doubt a staff member would personally send a message to specifically you telling you to remove it. They would probably just moderate your game or the games this thing is inside of and move on.

1 Like

Alr. I’ll remove it all together because I’ve never head of “applicable Policy API”. Thanks for notifying me!

Edit1: It should now be removed from the UI.
Edit2: I figured it out. Policy Service was really easy! It should now be using policy service.

1 Like

Is there any way to customize the report UI?
the look kinda sucks and doesn’t match my game style…
Plus I want to change its location

Well, websites like Youtube, Guilded, Discord, Twitter are allowed, its mentioned in Roblox T&C, so there isn’t any need to remove it… Plus, many games like bedwars have discord verification ingame, so it shouldn’t matter…

What’s your point? Roblox allows Discord links to be set under a games’ Social Tab.

Why do you need a global moderation team? The moderators could be secretly doing something bad in ur game. A local one is more safer

Not sure why you responded to this two months later. I’m not an expert when it comes to Roblox terms, but you aren’t allowed to globally promote users off site. Yes, you can have social links, but these aren’t shown to users under 13. You would have to use policy service to properly implement something like this in game.

Absolutely no controversy about this! Thank you.

Not currently hiring staff until I make Temp Bans and a cooldown per ban (To avoid abuse). Join our Discord for update notices, and when we’ll have staff applications open.

Discord Server (for support, and emergency reporting)

Yes. It’s another one of those Global Moderation Teams. We’re using a proxy and a Discord Bot to record bans. And it’s absolutely free to the Roblox Community!

Information

It took me about 4 months to complete stability of the Proxy and Discord bot. I am hoping that people will actually use our system.

If you are the owner of the game or the friend of the owner and you get banned from RoGMT you will be whitelisted from the ban on that game only.

Most of the time people don’t really trust Global Moderation teams for “They can be abused by staff members” or “We don’t know who’s moderating! And how do we know they won’t abuse the system?”. This is why Staff applications are currently closed until I can make cooldowns for bans per staff member and make temporary bans. (and have bans lifted by HR)

Not only that. We can unban people with ease. So it’s not like staff can just ban everyone on Roblox!

Installation

Firstly. Upload your game to Roblox and go in to the Game Settings and enable “Allow HTTP Requests” so our server can communicate with your game.

Then put this in a Script and put it in ServerScriptService. Everything will work correctly!

require(7900585718)

Game Privacy

We keep the privacy of our users seriously.

We will only take UserId’s, Game ID, and player reports. Chat Messages, Script Code, Models, etc will not be taken.

Reporting

You can use our Discord to report users! Or you can use the in game report menu.

Firstly click the Report Button/Flag on the bottom right of your screen. It should look like this:

It should open up a menu where you can put the Players UserID, brief description, and evidence.

If you’re in a Server that has more than 1 person inside of it. You should see names on the Right side of the UI. Clicking on the Name will automatically put the players UserId in the box.

image_2021-12-25_214405

Just remember that Troll Reports can get you banned from RoGMT games and is not recommended.

You should make some panel to blacklist specific rogmt mods and also Report rogmt mods to prevent abuse

And audit logs too both ingame and through some discord bot in ur server.

2 Likes

Why should game developers use this instead of having a local moderation team or an automated system? (or even relying on Roblox’s flagging system).

This doesn’t seem like a trustworthy resource as developers won’t have any control over the moderators.

Adding things like “cooldowns” for staff bans & letting “HRs” lift bans will not prevent abuse & will not prevent loss of players as a result of an abusive moderator.

I personally wouldn’t trust random moderators, even if they did an application, with the safety of my game, and I believe that feeling is felt across many other developers who have seen your post.

4 Likes

This is kinda like a synced blacklist system, which I have a problem with because it can lead to unbiased behavior and you are basically trusting another system to ban an exploiter which I’m not hating on you specifically; I have a grugde on the whole system/community itself. I recommend people to just have a dedicated moderation team themselves, and hopefully they can setup their own game with their own moderation.

1 Like

How does this account for different games’ rules? Does RoGMT have a single, universal set of rules that its moderators apply regardless of game?

For instance, if my game prohibits Morbius spoilers and they’re a bannable offense, does the RoGMT mod team have to look at my specific rules every time someone reports a user for Morbius spoilers, or do I have to use in-house moderation to enforce that rule?

If I have to use in-house moderation, is there a system I can use to get RoGMT to forward Morbius-spoiler reports to my in-house moderators so they can process them, or do I need a separate “Report Morbius Spoilers” button that ties into my own, separate moderation team?

Also, it’s not clear from your post: if a user is banned by RoGMT, is that user also banned from all other RoGMT games?

1 Like

→ Terrible UI

→ How do I know that none of your moderators are destroying my game?

→ How can we set specific rules for our games? If I don’t wanna allow something specific, how would RoGMT handle this?

→ Are those “moderators” getting payed or something? Who is forcing them to work for free? Im sure that most of them don’t even care about their job.

…and many other reasons of why this is all just wrong.

I never had any plans to use this, I just want to let people know that this might be a big mistake and waste of time. Make your own moderation team.

7 Likes