RopeMaster RunTime API

RopeMaster RunTime API

A while ago, @XAXA created a plugin called “RopeMaster”, where you could place custom ropes in studio. It’s a wonderful plugin, however I needed a way to create them in realtime, which is not supported with this plugin, so I used his math to create an API that can be used in game.

Create Rope

local Rope = require(script.RopeClass)
local newRope = Rope.new(attachment0, attachment1, lengthFactor, thickness, color, material, quality)

Change Rope Properties

newRope:DrawRope(lengthFactor, thickness, color, material, quality) 

UPDATE 3/25

• The API Is Now A Class
  • Supports Attachments Instead Of Positions
  • Ropes Will Re-Draw Themselves When An Attachment Moves
  • Ropes Will NOT Re-Draw If The Difference In Positions Is < 1 Stud
  • Ropes Can Have Their Properties Changed In Real-Time With :DrawRope() Function
  • Ropes Can Be Destroyed With :Destroy() Function, Or By Destroying Attachments/Rope Model
7 Likes

Could you provide a video of it? It would be cool if you could provide two attachments instead of positions, and if the attachments move it’ll update the rope to fit between them

Looks great!
(and yes, ur allowed to use my code :smiley:)

2 Likes

Good job :+1:t2:

btw it’s called runtime, creating the ropes during runtime, you might wanna change the title to be more accurate and use the correct terminology to avoid confusion

Keep up the great work :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Updated the title and model name :+1:

UPDATE 3/25

• The API Is Now A Class
  • Supports Attachments Instead Of Positions
  • Ropes Will Re-Draw Themselves When An Attachment Moves
  • Ropes Will NOT Re-Draw If The Difference In Positions Is < 1 Stud
  • Ropes Can Have Their Properties Changed In Real-Time With :DrawRope() Function
  • Ropes Can Be Destroyed With :Destroy() Function, Or By Destroying Attachments/Rope Model

I recommend adding support for both attachments and positions for backwards compatibility, though at least you did a great job, and it’s cool that XAXA gave you permission