RoSound 2.2.1: Audio discovery made simple [1.5K+ installs]

Someone found a way to stop and play audio in plugins. I remembered that you used soundservice to play sounds, but all you have to do is parent to sound to a frame in the widget and you can use it normally with the :Play and :Stop options. I haven’t tested it but it works in another plugin.

2 Likes

That’s what I told him lol. But also, not only you can just play and stop the audio, but you can also change its properties with it too

1 Like

I don’t know if you solved this yet, because something you can do is just when they click again :Stop() the sound and replay it when they click

You see, that’s not possible with plugins unless it’s parented to a widget.

Oh you have no idea how much i needed this, I tried looking for grapple effect and the ones i got so far were terrible. I keep getting songs, which is weird but i guess its due to the huge music library. But other than that it took me unusually a long time to get a fitting sound effect for a grappling hook.

Rosound will make this an easier job for me. I’m fine with the current grapple SFX but ill sure use this for feature stuff.

2 Likes

something must be done right now [[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio - #322 by OsterDog]

2 Likes

Yeah so, might be the end of this plugin…

2 Likes

R.I.P. The plugin, it was good when you could still use audios.

3 Likes

something that uploads automatically your audio.

• Using HTTP Requests. (well roblox proxy wont work so idk)
  • downloads the audio for you and then you upload it (all of it searching for sound)

btw i think i could recreate this plugin fully working for audio update

1 Like

The problem with re-uploading from my account is that other developers still wouldn’t be able to access the sounds from their own accounts. Seriously, this update has got to go. I would rather pay Robux to upload audio than have my plugin, other plugins, and pretty much every single game on the platform broken.

well rip this hard to make plugin,

plus they might be a chance a big studio from Roblox(dreamcraft, some others) might SUE Roblox for this….

1 Like

yet it is still unbeneficial to us developers

1 Like

In fact, it was an amazing plugin. Really sad to see it go away…

2 Likes

Is it possible that you will release a successor to this plugin with both curated audio that ROBLOX has uploaded and public audio that developers have made available? (when that feature is implemented)

1 Like

Cool idea! Roblox actually stated that they don’t have a date for when they will allow developers to make audio public, but if/when that happens, yeah, maybe! :smiley:

looks like this is not the end of the plugin [Update] Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

1 Like

Might not be the end of this plugin with some ideas I have.

• Update the plugin to have Toolbox audios (pretty trash but we gotta go with it)

Don’t judge me wrong cuz all of us do know that, using Roblox’s sound is our only option.

1 Like

Pretty sad to hear this plugin dying : (. However this still has hope, if the audio is downloadable it surely will revive!

1 Like

I can see that nobody wants the plugin to die… Thanks for the support!

EDIT: The new version of RoSound is almost finished and will be releasing shortly.
EDIT 2: Update 2.0.0 is released!

3 Likes

@AridFights1, I’m really excited to announce that although a few sounds had to be replaced with Roblox audios, most of the sound effects will remain in the plugin, as they are under 6 seconds! At the moment, there are a total of 82 audio files in the plugin, which is extremely close to the previous 90!

2 Likes