RoSound 2.2.1: Audio discovery made simple [1.5K+ installs]

The RoSound Update Roadmap has been updated to reflect these feature requests.

i will use your plugin for my experience place of reconnaissance (nightclub)

Could you give us a guess of when this will be released? I know youā€™ve been waiting for the update for a while and Iā€™m curious as to when itā€™ll actually come out. Thanks!

1 Like

Most likely by this weekend. Thanks for your patience.

Great to hear. Iā€™ve been waiting for this update to be able to actually use the plugin.

1 Like

I have a lot of work these coming weeks and will probably not be able to work on the plugin during this time. So here is my question to you:

Should the update be released now (filtering will be temporarily disabled, and the pause feature will be active, along with a couple new audio files), or should it be delayed until the version is completely finished?

• Yes (Release the update now)
  • No (Wait until itā€™s completely finished)

0 voters

This poll is now closed. If you have any questions, donā€™t hesitate to reach out.

Details

If you choose to release the update now, it will be released under the title v1.61 and not under the title 1.7. Version 1.7 will be released with a functioning filter system after my other work is done.

Thanks for your feedback! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Personally I think you should send a update, the people that donā€™t want it yet can just not update it. Thatā€™s just my opinion though.

1 Like

It seems that the majority of RoSound plugin users do not want the update to be released now. If you desperately need new audio or the pause feature, then please send me a message.

Thank you all for your feedback, and have a nice day!

He clrealy said he didnā€™t release the pause thing yet

I didnā€™t read his post, Iā€™ll delete the comment

Someone found a way to stop and play audio in plugins. I remembered that you used soundservice to play sounds, but all you have to do is parent to sound to a frame in the widget and you can use it normally with the :Play and :Stop options. I havenā€™t tested it but it works in another plugin.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what I told him lol. But also, not only you can just play and stop the audio, but you can also change its properties with it too

1 Like

I donā€™t know if you solved this yet, because something you can do is just when they click again :Stop() the sound and replay it when they click

You see, thatā€™s not possible with plugins unless itā€™s parented to a widget.

Oh you have no idea how much i needed this, I tried looking for grapple effect and the ones i got so far were terrible. I keep getting songs, which is weird but i guess its due to the huge music library. But other than that it took me unusually a long time to get a fitting sound effect for a grappling hook.

Rosound will make this an easier job for me. Iā€™m fine with the current grapple SFX but ill sure use this for feature stuff.

2 Likes

something must be done right now [[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio - #322 by OsterDog]

2 Likes

Yeah so, might be the end of this pluginā€¦

2 Likes

R.I.P. The plugin, it was good when you could still use audios.

3 Likes

something that uploads automatically your audio.

• Using HTTP Requests. (well roblox proxy wont work so idk)
  • downloads the audio for you and then you upload it (all of it searching for sound)

btw i think i could recreate this plugin fully working for audio update

1 Like

The problem with re-uploading from my account is that other developers still wouldnā€™t be able to access the sounds from their own accounts. Seriously, this update has got to go. I would rather pay Robux to upload audio than have my plugin, other plugins, and pretty much every single game on the platform broken.