RoStats 》Stats For Developers (Roblox LinkedIn)

What about the database you use? Is it external? If so, you need to list that in the ToS/ToU and specify which external database your using…

the database is from interserver and I don’t believe that you have to specify who is hosting the database but you do have to specify how the data is stored, which RoStats does state in the T&P conditions.

Stating which external database will enforce some trust with the users. It is not required, but I recommend it. It will definitely get your users to trust you more. Makes your project seem more ‘transparent’ if you get what I mean.

1 Like

good point actually :slight_smile: I will consider including it in the next update.

1 Like

How does a greek+english speaker know, say, a bengali + english speaker? You can’t rely on google translate, and it’s not like he can speak it. I could write something like “the person who hired me is an idiot” and he wouldn’t know. Can someone elaborate more on how it works?

3 Likes

I’d really recommend to work on responsiveness as soon as possible. I’m running an application centre service with xJon_as, which experienced a large portion of mobile users accessing our site. If our website wasn’t responsive, we would probably lose 20-30% of our revenue (which is a few hundred dollars / month).

So, even if you don’t make revenue for now, support mobile devices and the retention rate will increase a lot & the bounce rate will decrease significantly! For new projects, always focus on making a design mobile-friendly, then continue with computer screens.

Addressing another issue, your Terms & Privacy Conditions seem to have a dead link at the “RoStats plus page” and has the sentence: “…the right to bar users…”, which is probably supposed to be “ban”/“suspend”.

I’m going to look into the site and see what impact it will have for me.

1 Like

You have to be transparent about the country you host it in though, US laws are less strict about privacy regulations for example.

1 Like

The reviews feature will be coming out in a week or two. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Videos when?

I got bored so I signed up

You should really consider working on basic requirements for a modern website like password reset and responsiveness on mobile instead of cranking out new features every so often. Just my two cents.

4 Likes

Sometimes it returns a server error 500. Just refresh the page and it will be fine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I want to quickly add on to this,
It seems like the API doesn’t return correctly formatted JSON for a user request:

What it should look like:

Would you be comfortable disclosing the hashing algorithm you use? How many iterations, if it’s salted, and the base hashing method itself. (such as SHA256, MD5, etc.)

every user has a unique salt, I use bcrypt for hashing.

I realised that a few days ago, it will be patched in the next update.

Please make the plugin available on other browsers too.

Yeah, they should work on a mobile version of the website or create an app and put it in the App Store.

3 Likes

Firefox is basically the only other browser and that has like a 5% market share.

Although, expanding to the 3nd most used broswer would benefit them in the only term (Not including Edge or other Chromium based browsers)
It seems like they have a lot on their plat, they should get everythingin a working state as of now

firefox supports chrome extensions verbatim, it just doesn’t support the file format, see Porting Chrome Extensions to Firefox with WebExtensions - Mozilla Hacks - the Web developer blog. you can just extract the crx (it’s a fancy signed zip) & load the manifest directly.

1 Like

That isn’t very convenient. I’d rather install it directly from the store.

1 Like