Rotate tool's world-space rotation mode acts like local space after rotating objects

When I rotate an object with the rotate tool while my mode is set to world-space rotation, any rotation applied to the object also applies itself to the rotate tool’s handles. The video below illustrates the problem.

Despite being in world-space rotation mode, the handles act as if I am in local space mode.

Expected behavior

After I rotate an object I expect the handles to keep their original orientation.

5 Likes

Hi,

This behavior is intended because we believe it makes more sense to apply a single world-space rotation and then modify that rotation in local-space afterwards. As a work-around, you can de-select and re-select the instance to apply another world-space rotation.

If you think this behavior should be changed, I encourage you to create a feature request and explain how the changed behavior would improve your workflow.

Thanks!

In my opinion, it makes for more sense to use the CTRL+L keybind if you want this behaviour, rather than have to reselect the object every time.