Roundify plugin

No, it was purposely made that way such that 12 is the limit for the free plugin. However, there is a simple way to bypass it.

1 Like

Croatia is correct, it was an intentional limit for the free plugin. Iā€™m about to release the uiDesign Lite that will still have the same 12px limit, but include more ā€œliteā€ features. :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s great to hear, looking forward to it!

1 Like

Sorry to say this bud, but UICorner has come. And when itā€™s out of beta, this plugin will soon become pretty much useless :frowning: .
Rest in peace one of Robloxā€™s most legendary plugins of all time. Truly, this plugin has saved me probably over a day worth of going into photoshop and creating a round UI.
This was one of Robloxā€™s best plugins. Sad this will soon have no use.
Thanks a lot man. You made a huge impact on the Roblox community.

4 Likes

I appreciate that! I plan on updating Roundify to have the option of using UI Corner just for easeā€¦and 9-Slice still has its place, so itā€™ll be used a little.

Iā€™m just glad I was able to provide a plugin that was so useful to the community!

This looks like a great plugin! Sadly, this update was released: UICorner [Live]

Nice work, though :smile:

Roundify still has its place. :slight_smile:

Roundify is a great plugin! Although it will be sorta obsolete when UICorner is out of Studio Beta, Roundify helps a ton with making rounded UI with ease!

1 Like

Is there a way to roundify frames, or it has to be an image?

1 Like

Already answered this for Cityman, but for anyone else who might be wonderingā€¦
The way Roundifying works is by using an image to create the desired effect, therefor it isnā€™t possible to created a rounded frame without changing it to an image using Roundify.
This can be achieved using the UICorner constraint, just not with Roundify.

1 Like

All the GUIs I used roundify with just got screwed up and are empty, do you know what the issue with it is?

whats the difference between this and UICorner? is it the fact that you can roundify ScrollingFrames (AFAIK)

UICorner is probably more easier to use (even though the difference is very small, it just makes the structure of UI components more easier to modify.)

This plugin was made 2 years before UICorner was a thing ā€“ so it ultimately goes down to preference.

completely forgot this is an old plugin, I remembered right after/about I posted

The difference is that Roundify uses an image to achieve the rounded corners, UICorner is a constraint made Roblox. UICorner is very minimally slower to load.

2 Likes

Sounds like this program is no longer of use then.

This plugin definitely has its use. Itā€™s a time saver, and for those just starting out, it is much easier to click a single button than to figure out constraints.

Are you now wrapping around UICorner, or are you still using images?

I plan on updating it to include both, but itā€™ll default to UICorner with the option of using an image instead like Roundify currently does.

1 Like

Why, images have to be loaded somewhere down the line, and donā€™t provide the performance of the native UI cornering?

1 Like