Roundify plugin

Still doesn’t fix that…

Awesome plugin! Have found myself using this very often recently. Keep up the great work! :smiley:

4 Likes

Double check that the ZIndex of your TextLabel is set higher than the ZIndex of the Roundify Element.

2 Likes

Just a heads up, some plugins similar to this are viruses so be careful out there.
Also, I think the plugin is super cool.

4 Likes

Something to be wary of tho is how Roblox scales images. If you were to make a 1024x1024 circle, slice it perfectly down the centre and use SliceScale to downscale it to the desired border radius, you’ll have likely lost a lot of anti aliasing detail, which would basically make it look ugly and pixellated. A good compromise would probably be a hybrid approach where you upload border radii which are powers of 2 (1, 2, 4, 8…128, 256, 512) and scale between them, which would sidestep the issue mostly. Bonus: for powers of two you get perfect anti aliasing!

6 Likes

It worked!

1 Like

Awesome! Looks good!

1 Like

Can you explain how to use it? I installed the plugin, But I don’t understand how to use it…

I will definitely be using this in an upcoming game

1 Like

while i personally won’t use this much, i certainly will give it an install!!! it looks like a great plugin that helps a bunch of others when it comes to UI

1 Like

Sure!
When you open up the plugin, there is “Size”, click the numbers and input the desired size for the rounded corner.
Then you select the checkbox of whether it is a border or not, if you want the ZIndex to AutoAdjust, and if you want the ZIndex to be global.
(For best results I recommend GlobalZIndex and AutoAdjustZIndex to be selected)

Once you do that, select a frame, then click “Roundify” and voila. Rounded corners. :slight_smile:

If you have any more questions, let me know!

What do you mean by “open up the plugin”?
How can I open the plugin? Install it you mean?

If you install it, a roundify button should appear in the plug-ins tab. Click on it:

2 Likes

Do what DragRacer31 said and you should be good. :slight_smile:

Just wanted to say that this is a great idea, currently Roblox doesn’t really allow custom rounded corners meaning like you can’t edit the GUI when you set it to rounded. Only way to do it is import an image that’s rounded. And then when you mess with image size and it doesn’t look good you have to import another one. This makes it easier to do that.

1 Like

It’s not working for ImageLabels. Might be because I’m using a billboard Gui, although I tried it with screen Gui and it didn’t work.

1 Like

iirc, ImageLabels can only have rounded borders

1 Like

If you uncheck “Global ZIndex” it should work allow you to use it with a billboard gui, but as @Deferend said, ImageLabels can only have rounded borders. You must select “IsBorder”

-edit-
I just updated Roundify so you should no longer get errors when working in a BillBoardGui

1 Like

It’s not working…
Before:

After:

The image just gets a bit foggy… does not round itself.

1 Like

The reason that is happening is because your BillboardGui is only a set size, you need to make the size of the BillboardGui larger and move the position of the Image (not the Roundify border, the image you clicked to roundify).

I’ll try to figure out a way to have the plugin do these adjustments automatically, it’ll just take me a bit to think of how to do it in a decent manner. :slight_smile:

1 Like