RSS [1.0.0] - UI styling made easier

rssBanner

Part of imacodr OSS Pack
Group rss (You are here!)Frame 723 fetchuFrame 730 Roarn

[:blue_book:Documentation] | [:file_folder: Source Code]

rss is a module created to simplify advanced UI elements on a UI. Inspired by the famous CSS you can create special stylesheet files, one line code styles, and reusable styles.

Why rss?

Using a tool like rss can simplify advanced element styling into one line of code.

local rss = require(game.ReplicatedStorage.rss)

local frame = Instance.new("Frame")
frame.Parent = script

rss.style({
    padding: {5,4,2,1},
    corner: 5,
})

It works with your favorite libraries!

Optimize Fusion, and Roact with RSS. Adding advanced UI elements just got easier.

local Fusion = require(path/to/fusion)

local New = Fusion.New

New "Frame" {
    Parent = script,
    [Children] = {
        rss.style({padding: 6}),
        New "TextButton" {
            Text = "Fusion + RSS :D"
        }
    }
}

Installation

with Roarn (recommended for Rojo users)

To install rss with Roarn you can simply do the following command:

roarn install rss

Learn more on how Roarn, a Roblox package manager helps your workspace.

with Roblox

If you are preferably using Roblox Studio to develop code you can also install our module through the Roblox marketplace.

Roblox Module

with GitHub

You can also install our package from GitHub releases easily. We have ZIP files available for Rojo users although we would prefer you using Roarn for a more organized workspace.

Questions?

If you have any questions on how rss works, please reply on this post! I’ll be answering all questions here.

If you have more concerns or need help with rss we have community servers!

discord

4 Likes

You Installation page is not working:

local rss = require(script.fetchu)

local frame = Instance.new("Frame")

frame.Parent = script.Parent

rss. .style({padding = 1, corner = 5}, frame)

It does not seem to be working, the " Roblox Module" is called " fetchu" and It looks like a full different module:

Error:

This seems kinda useless since people who don’t know CSS would have to learn it (and it’s a pain to actually learn) and Roact does this already but with familiar syntax.

Hm, thanks for telling me, let me change that.

Edit: Fixed.

I wouldn’t really say its useless. For someone like me that builds UIs using these elements, and per say multiple of them it can get messy sometimes. Specially when you have to create multiple instances for just one little value. The stylesheet pages for RSS are also very useful where you can re-use the same stylesheet for different components.