Russian Roulette Themed Game

Chance Roulette

Hello I’m making a Russian Roulette styled game, I was going to add a gun but I saw a post GeorgeTheDev made talking about his game being banned when he made one. Alternatives to “suicidal” content - #153 by GeorgeOfAIITrades so I decided to come up with a idea to circumvent this. I decided instead of a gun, you can eat a hot potato and it has a chance a 1/6 chance of blowing you up, and when you die you just get teleported to the scientists that are doing an experiment on you and the other participants. Do you think I should continue working on the game, or just drop it due to chance of it being banned large chance of it being banned?

sounds fine make sure the game’s name is ok though
breaking point has a hot potato mode and it’s fine so you should be ok if you do it right

Eating an explosive hot potato which blows you up is far more platform friendly and much more light-hearted than shooting yourself in the head, so I would argue you should continue with the game.

Such a concept would only have an extremely subtle link to suicide; so subtle you may as well disregard the suicide concerns completely. I do not believe this would get you banned whatsoever.

3 Likes

As long as the player doesn’t have to aim a revolver to their head and have a 1/6 chance of dying, 1/6 resulting in suicide, yes, you can alter it, make players feel the nerve of losing and winning.

Altough i think there was a game someone made once about roblox players playing Russian roulette, last time I played it was in 2017, I believe it was content deleted. It was funny to see roblox players, players who look like innocent Lego figurines, kill themselves on plain sight, not because suicide is funny but because of how they grabbed the gun and how it made the uuuhh sound when they died.

I say you mutate it and make it adapted to children. Suicide is kind of a taboo topic and some people are too weak to see their own player die in front of them (I would cry if I was a child and that happened to me).

Why not just have the potato become held instead of eaten? It sounds a lot better to me.

2 Likes

Víva piñata party animals had that exact concept. 4 players had to hold a hot potato and get candies, but if they held it for too long the potato would explode and they would lose points. It could work…

1 Like

I haven’t decided on a final name but I’m planning on adding a few extra features for example a couple of special rounds, specials cards, every time you survive you get a coin that you can get a card which gives a disadvantage for your enemies.

sounds fine but ignoring the russian roulette aspect make sure the coins are balanced so they’re fun to use and to play against

Yeah I’m not going to add any p2w mechanics because I personally find that’s unfun and unfair.

1 Like

(ignore this) Don’t make that coin p2w. I know roblox is a platform for newbie devs who don’t know about game development and they get inspired from ###king EA, but don’t, im not saying you thought about it, I’m just saying: don’t.

Also, it seems fairly simple to do on mobile, so make use of that, give it mobile support. If the players don’t need to do the mobile equivalent of WWWADAAAAAWADADAD click clickcliclciliclcilciclci DDADADADADAADSSSSSWWWWW pew pew (if they don’t have to play as if it was a fps) mobile players can have the same fun pc players would have on it, so allow that, mobile support.

Edit: did you just read my mind?

I’m probably add computer support first then add a mobile support later because that’ll be too much work but thanks for telling me to add mobile support later but thanks for reminding me.

I’m saying mobile support because a lot of the player base plays on mobile.