Satchel // Open-source modern backpack system

Fixed now, pretty sure it was just a module I was using causing it

Also, the local script still just says print("Hello World!") (redownloaded it just now from github), and the version from the creator marketplace is offsale

I’m currently aware of this. Roblox for some reason has removed Satchel with the reason being “Misusing Roblox Systems” so I’m only left to guess what I did wrong. I’ll be trying to get it fixed as soon as possible.

1 Like

Is there any news about this case?

imagem
Hello, this is happening… basically, the name won’t show fully, the name of the tool is ‘Water Bottle’. A friend of mine uses Satchel and this doesn’t happen.

1 Like

It should be resolved, let me know if you still can’t access the model.

1 Like

I messed up text wrapping when changing the font for Satchel I have a fix that will be included for the next release. For now, you can manually copy the changes in this PR if you want a fix.

1 Like

There’s an issue where if you move quickly while dragging an item it bugs out.

We’re pretty aware of that issue and will eventually come to fix it but for now, just don’t drag the tools around crazy.

1 Like

Hi there,

I’m having issues at times where the original hotbar is showing up behind the satchel hotbar.

I have thus far been unable to pinpoint why this happens as it seems to be random. It does not happen at the same time, or in the same places, or with the same tools for everyone, and doesn’t seem tied to any particular device time (certainly happens on mobile and pc).

I realise I haven’t given you a lot to go on, I was more wondering if anyone else had reported similar issues?

Satchel is a fantastic system, thank you so much for sharing it with us.

ETA: I am well aware this (is probably) could be something I’ve done wrong, rather than something in the script itself.

This module has really helped me out as I was struggling with toggling players’ tools temporarily in game. I binded a remote event to be able to toggle any Player’s tools from server. The design is great, the optimization is great too. Didn’t affect any scripts at all.

However, I have found this weird issue where if you’re willing to use circle icons, you need to set CornerRadius to (1, 0) which causes the inventory to look weird.

I made a fix by modfying the code a bit

-- Background
local BACKGROUND_TRANSPARENCY_DEFAULT: number = targetScript:GetAttribute("BackgroundTransparency") or 0.3
local BACKGROUND_TRANSPARENCY: number = BACKGROUND_TRANSPARENCY_DEFAULT * PREFERRED_TRANSPARENCY
local BACKGROUND_CORNER_RADIUS: UDim = UDim.new(0, 8) --targetScript:GetAttribute("CornerRadius") or UDim.new(0, 8)
local BACKGROUND_COLOR: Color3 = targetScript:GetAttribute("BackgroundColor3")
	or Color3.new(25 / 255, 27 / 255, 29 / 255)

You can also do the same for Search bar attribute.

3 Likes

You have a script manually enabling the CoreGui Blackpack which causes this overlap. Check your scripts for any usage of StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled()

StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.Backpack, false)

Thanks for reporting this. I’ll be looking towards implementing a fix based on the code you provided.

1 Like

How to make visible full name of tools, not just half of the word

1 Like

Full Support for Dev Containers

Satchel now fully supports development containers for quickly setting up your dev environment in seconds. Some use cases include:

• Making contributions to Satchel
  • Testing out Satchel in Rojo before installing
  • Editing Satchel on any device (including mobile)

Dev containers are basically a configuration that tells your tool how to setup your workspace. When you open Satchel in a dev container, the following are installed:

To get started, open Satchel’s GitHub repository in a supporting tool such as Visual Studio Code or GitHub Codespaces.

1 Like

Hello,
I have been using your system for a game I am making, and I have come to a roadblock. whenever I open the inventory, UI navigation automatically enables. I do not want this, as I want players to freely be able to move around while their inventory is open. I am able to just disable UI navigation when the inventory is open using the backslash key (), but it is very annoying to do so every time.

I have looked though the script and though this topic for a solution, but I have not found one. I am wondering if there is a setting in this module that automatically activates UI navigation when the bag is opened, and if so, if there is a way to disable it.

If you need more information on the problem, please reply and I will provide more, thank you

This only happens when a controller is detected to be connected. It is intentional behavior so the user can just open the inventory with let’s say a keyboard and then use the controller to navigate.

If this is occurring when a controller isn’t connected, please send me a bug report on how to reproduce the bug.

v1.3.1

v1.3.1 fixes bugs introduced by v1.3.0 and other minor improvements.

Fixed

Full Changelog: Comparing v1.3.0...v1.3.1 · RyanLua/Satchel · GitHub

Downloads

Satchel.rbxmx (241.6 KB)
Satchel.rbxm (91.5 KB)

1 Like

Ohh that makes so much sense. I had a controller hooked up to my pc at the time. thank you for the replay, It worked when I disconnected the controller. Thanks again!

1 Like

For anyone who wants to add first person support, insert this code into the satchel modulescript.

--after: InventoryFrame.Parent = MainFrame

local modal = Instance.new("TextButton")
modal.Size = UDim2.new(0, 0, 0, 0)
modal.BackgroundTransparency = 1
modal.Modal = true
modal.Text = ""
modal.Parent = InventoryFrame

This will forcefully free your mouse whenever the inventory is open. In first person, this allows you to use the inventory without issue.

1 Like