Save the Date: RDC 2020!

RDC 2019 was pretty amazing. I had the opportunity to meet my current business partner there. :smiley: Have the invites started going out yet?

2 Likes

When will waves start to roll out? I would love to go this year. Also, will there be discounts for the hotel like last year?

2 Likes

How are invitations sent out? Email? Mailed to your adress? DM via dev forum or roblox account?

If it was in Europe, we would have the same problem, some people in the North West would end up paying more than expected, it would also only lower costs for EU Devs by a little bit so this wouldnt be a good idea.

No they’re not sent out yet. They send you an email as well as make an announcement here

I traveled to RDC 2019 from the East coast. Total cost was around $2,700 USD.

3 Likes

It is expensive indeed, but a majority of the Americans can go there for a lower price than the developers from the EU.

2 Likes

I would like to see a Canadian-based venue sometime in the future. However, our EU developers should be shown some appreciation :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any idea when the invites will roll out? They said early February and I haven’t heard any invites being sent out yet from anyone.

2 Likes

Does it cost to go? Cause in broke.

I think you have to pay for tickets, aswell as travel expenses, food, and hotel.

So no, it’s not free sadly

No like to RDC itself
Not with travel.

1 Like

Like I said, I heard tickets are invite only but do cost money.

1 Like

In the past, your hotel stay + ticket has cost money but it’s heavily subsidized and includes your room, access to event, food, and swag!

2 Likes

The tickets itself for RDC costs money, although it’s not high I paid 25 USD for my RDC EU 19 ticket itself.

Edit: For the US: 75 USD for developer tickets and 50 USD for chaperones. (Hotel was 200 USD for 2 nights) Quite a bit more expensive, heh.

5 Likes

Do you have to be invited? Or can you just go?

1 Like

You have to be invited in order to buy a ticket and go to there. But, if you don’t receive a invite, you can apply for coming there.

1 Like

I’m dissapointed, I was hyped, looking forward for RDC 2020…There is no RDC in EU 2020.

1 Like

Hello.

I’d First would love to know how old people are that are attending, on average just to get an idea.

Then, how much EU people would for example spend to book a flight to America to attend.

1 Like

usually people that attend are over 13, most of them are accompanied by a parent or guardian though who also need to buy tickets for themselves.

1 Like