Save the Date: RDC 2020!

Hey developers,

It’s that time of year, the big reveal: RDC 2020 when?

The Roblox Developers Conference (RDC) is an exclusive, invite-only event where hundreds of developers from around the world come together under one roof for an epic weekend. Whether they’re here to connect, learn, innovate, or simply to participate in Roblox talk, this is the ultimate conference for the most creative and imaginative community in the world.

With that said, we’re incredibly excited to announce the date and location for RDC 2020 in San Francisco!

Drumroll please!

The dates for RDC 2020 are:

July 24 - 26, 2020
Marriot Marquis
780 Mission Street, San Francisco, California 94103

WHOA! New venue, new venue!

That’s right - we outgrew the venue we’ve used for the past two years. That does mean that this year is going to be, as is tradition, the biggest RDC yet!

Invitations to the event are going to start going out in waves beginning in February. If tickets aren’t sold out after the final wave of invitations, anyone who did not receive an invite will be able to apply for one.

Unable to attend? We’ve got you covered - we’ll be live streaming the event as per usual.

On the fence about whether you want to come or not? You should! RDC is one of the most rewarding, fulfilling experiences for Roblox developers. Don’t just take our word for it; here are some testimonies from first-time attendees last year!

We can’t wait to see you all there!

Thanks,
Developer Relations

506 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 4 minutes.

I am very disappointed that there is no RDC in EU, as I was really looking forward to be able to go this year, and I’ve been waiting for RDC EU since 2017. I can understand why it’s not happening, but it still saddens me that there won’t be any RDC EU.

I guess I’ll have to sit back and watch RDC US from Norway, as I’m not paying thousands of dollars to go to the US, so I hope anyone who has the ability to go, to have fun.

Also, as a meme

143 Likes

This is pretty cool™, thanks mr coffee scents math man.

However… What’s going on with Europe? Roblox wants to become an international platform, and neglecting European developers is really disappointing, especially considering how costly it is to visit San Francisco for RDC.

Not only is flying to the United States costly, but staying there can be costly too, especially during the times that RDC is scheduled.

Massive shame really :confused:

79 Likes

Still disappointed because there is no RDC EU this year again but I was expecting that.

66 Likes

YESS FINALLYYYYYY RDC IS HERE!!! Even thought I never go, it’s fun to see what goes down each year! RDC 2020 is going to be a blast!

Unable to attend? We’ve got you covered - we’ll be live streaming the event as per usual.

thank

Invitations to the event are going to start going out in waves beginning in February. If tickets aren’t sold out after the final wave of invitations, anyone who did not receive an invite will be able to apply for one.

Great! I’m not applying but if application come out, good luck to everyone who does apply!

no RDC EU again, sigh

Biggest RDC yet, hmm…okay :thinking:

let me make my RDC Memes Thread again…

how many votes for RDC EU for it to actually happen??? :thinking:

• RDC EU next year
  • No RDC EU next year

0 voters

44 Likes

YES RDC IN JULY THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

will there be anything for our tea sipping friends across the pond? viewing party?

29 Likes

No EU Event?
We’ve gone from the RDC EU to a viewing party last year, to nothing?

40 Likes

Very, very disappointed to hear of no event this year for the European developer community after last year’s watchalong, however an earlier announcement is welcome. I feel for the up and coming developers and those, including myself, who do not particularly want to make the expensive trip to RDC SF during one of the busiest travel periods of the year. It’s a huge shame especially during a time where Roblox wishes to go international.

RDC EU, you will be sadly missed. As said last year, I hope Roblox re-considers bringing this event back in 2021, or earlier.

90 Likes

Alright sweet RDC hype!

One question for those who have attended. How much do you usually spend on hotels, food, etc? If I do get an invite I would love to go but I want to make sure I have enough to attend!

12 Likes

Are invitations limited to Members only, or do New Members get invited as well?

19 Likes

I plan to attend for the first time this year. Whoop whoop.

15 Likes

I’m thoroughly disappointed that there isn’t one in Europe this year.
I’ve been to all the ones they had (except the viewing party last year because it wasn’t in my eyes worth the journey) and it was the highlight of each year for me.

I’d love to visit the one in the US but it’d cost me around £1700 to be able to do so, which isn’t really something I can just pay for.

I really hope we can get one over here again at some point, they were really great.

I’ll consider saving to go though. I do miss the atmosphere.

39 Likes

$250 for tickets and hotels!
$400 for plane (from KC)
$50 on food
$100 on Uber

You can save some money by making smart decisions!

33 Likes

Really glad it’s earlier in the summer this year. And very excited that the venue is in the City. Looking forward to it. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

WOAHHH! The new hotel looks amazing!!! I mean look at this :exploding_head: It’s huge!!!

I’m so excited for RDC this year! This year will be my 2nd year! Can’t wait to meet all the developers, old and new!!! Looking forward! ^-^
Last years RDC was a blast! Hope this year will be better!

55 Likes

This cost is even higher if you’re in Europe and have to travel to the US. nudge nudge, rdc eu where

21 Likes

OMG FINALLY!!! I can’t wait to see all of you beautiful people at RDC again!

also thank you coefficients for featuring me in the post, best RDC staff :o

22 Likes

I’m quite surprised there is nothing about a European RDC.

For the past 3 years I have attended the Europe conferences and they were pretty good, although the viewing party in 2019 didn’t quite compare to the full conferences in 2017 & 2018, it was sure a lot better than no Europe option at all.

33 Likes