Save the Date: RDC 2020!

If you’re stating an opinion, you add “in my opinion” either on the beginning of the sentence or at the end (or anything suggesting that it’s an opinion). There already was a case of someone spreading the “fact” that RDC is cancelled and linked it to this post.

May is more of a speculation formed from the clickbaity headlines without reading the articles.

It’s basic English .-.

2 Likes

For the billionth time, they’re monitoring the situation and will update us once any change happens. Please scroll up in the replies instead of asking the same questions over and over again.

2 Likes

I understand the fears people have about COVID19 and RDC, however, I cannot stress enough that there are five months until RDC. There is absolutely no reason to be scared for now; Roblox are monitoring the situation (meaning they’ll take necessary action closer to the event) and for all we know, COVID19 could be solved by then.

5 Likes

@Krunnie He (@UltimateTxch) litteraly stated “They may” close RDC not “They WILL” close RDC. That is not misinformation.

2 Likes

I believe that COVID-19 will still be around for about a year, since that was the case in H1N1 (Swine flu) in 2009, but there will be more tests available and interventions made to decrease the contagiosity of the COVID19. But, as of now for the most updated research and answers please go to the CDC for information on how to protect yourself. It is important that we all should avoid big gatherings and no one knows whether RDC is going to be cancelled or not, so don’t jump to conclusions yet.

4 Likes

My schools are closed till April 4th Because of COVID-19 so I think its not doing to well. I agree with you, we should wait for more info and see how it develops.

Please read the entire thing :face_with_monocle:

Haha nice! Can’t wait to see your 2020 Roblox video. Your 2019 one was very good, and you basically recorded the entire event. Tysm for that Cherie, even though I probably won’t get invited, I’m happy that you got yours! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Will there be any invite applications this year?

2 Likes

Yes, if any tickets are leftover after the waves are complete.

1 Like

Should be after they clear out all the waves. Expect them by the end of next month(?)

4 Likes

Just want to add even if RDC isn’t cancelled, EU developers may find it difficult to get to NA if flights are blocked. Of course, there’s still the chance of a recovery and flights may begin again; just a thought.

2 Likes

I think there is a lot of time until July and the situation should return to normal by then. No country can function properly for more than a few weeks after banning all foreign flights. Many people, including me, depend on international travel more than ever now, and it’s impossible to lock down a country for so long without a major blow to its economy.

I live in Europe and my country has already closed borders but I will still buy my RDC ticket anyway as I planned.

2 Likes

i have been wanting to attend RDC for quite a while now, its very disappointing knowing that there is no EU RDC this year, hopefully next year I’ll get to experience it alongside everyone else stranded in Europe :laughing:

1 Like

I’m really disappointed with how the invites are being handled this year. It is a 4th wave and many talented creators have not been invited yet, including myself. I translated 19 games into Russian and the vast majority of them are on the front page and I still have nothing in my mailbox. On the contrary YouTubers and various community influencers get invited in the first wave, although they have nothing to do with development. What shocks me the most is the fact that I’m not the only one affected by the issue and there is a ton of experienced developers being just ignored by Roblox.

14 Likes

Invite me! I have a developing game!

Unfortunetly, I was not invited. Maybe next year?

4 Likes

Are there more waves of invites coming?

Im wondering that too. I think there will be no more invites.

3 Likes

With all the uncertainty behind RDC due to COVID-19, I have a feeling that the conference could be postponed. Again, this is not true, and is only my prediction but Roblox is monitoring this situation, to quote @coefficients (His big sunglasses though). In the meantime, I suggest you go to the CDC’s COVID-19 website (If you live in America) or the WHO’s website (if you live anywhere else) for advice and information, as well as updates on the situation. Stay healthy and safe, and be sure to wash your hands!

2 Likes