Save the Date: RDC 2021

I’m so hyped for this!! I love the extremely convenient adaptations you’ve all made for today’s current circumstances and excited for the turnout virtually this year!

Wishing you all the best, and grateful for your work on keeping such an awesome event to so many of us going!

6 Likes

It’s unfortunate to see the conference will be virtual again, but it’s the safest option. Can’t wait to see what is going to be announced this year! :astonished:

7 Likes

I’m very much looking forward to RDC 21 this year, I’m sure there must be a lot we as developers will be able to learn to utilize and further the Metaverse! Can’t wait.

6 Likes

the one thing I don’t like that its invite to watch the stream.

I miss the twitch live stream so much I watched it each year!

I don’t like waiting 2 days for the videos.

Here is a fix stream information about updates etc on twitch and leave the other half invite only section

I only care about upcoming features and changes to Roblox.

now its 2 years since I hadn’t seen the live stream …

when it live it more fun when its not live it just boring…\

I rarely got invited to RDC so rare its like 0.1% chance…

4 Likes

RDC is always an exciting time - excellent talks from members of the community, future updates to the platform from the Roblox team, and the gamejam.

Looking forward to seeing it play out even though it won’t be in person!

1 Like

I have 1 question how does roblox decide who gets invited?

Glad Roblox is doing it virtual and keeping everyone safe.

6 Likes

Glad to know the community can still unite together despite everything. I hope it works out well :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Really excited to see more information come out! Hopefully y’all add forms to apply to join, but if not I totally understand! ^^

You guys should add VR support this year to make it as real as possible!!

2 Likes

I agree. Like you said some people like yourself have spent hours upon hours of dedicated Roblox work and have yet to get a invite.

That’s why I think Roblox should allow so applications. Like maybe just to fill maybe 100 or so seats.

7 Likes

If I remember correctly the first round of people get the invite sent to them and the second round of people would fill out an application to see if they are eligible to obtain an invite i think? I could be wrong.

3 Likes

Should i save the date, or un-save the date?

Sad that RDC isn’t in-person as it usually is every year, hard times have hit all of us, would love to see what Roblox has to offer for next-year or this year with features, that’s the fun part IMO. Although, will there be a live-stream as usual or we have to wait for videos to be uploaded after RDC?

Excited! :+1:

1 Like

Very excited for this year’s RDC, even tho I might not get invited, I am still very excited.

Lets gooo!! Very excited to see what RDC has to offer this year, and how it will compare with 2020’s Virtual experience.

Hoping next year we can all see each other in person again!

10 Likes

Glad for RDC21 though I am probably not invited, nor in person still great to see amazing developers at work, and new updates coming to studio!

What is the requirement to attend, even though it is invite only, how do you receive an invite?

1 Like

Very excited again for this years RDC. Good job on following guidelines and making it online. Hopefully this will be even better than last years!

Can’t wait to see what is in store despite not being in person again !

2 Likes

Going to be interested in how the optimisation within the virtual event will perform, but as always RDC is very cool to attend :smiley:

Ah, I miss going to RDC in person but virtual RDC was still amazing. I attended last year and it was such an amazing experience!!! I can’t wait to see what they have in store this year :smile:

5 Likes

Even if the event is virtual again, that doesn’t take away my excitement. Can’t wait to be there again!

2 Likes