Save the Date: RDC 2021

Wonder if I’ll be invited this year. :thinking:

Do we have to be the most famous developers on the platform to the invited? I really want to join before I’m 18 some day. :weary:

6 Likes

Looking forward towards this! Let’s hope this will be the first RDC I can attend too! :smile: :+1:

I had the pleasure of obtaining an invite last year and got to attend my first ever RDC experience. I’d say that it’s an absolutely lovely event worth attending. I was really excited to attend platform progression panels and was thrilled to network with and learn from other experienced developers, both through the breakout sessions and the developer booths.

I hope to be able to go to an in-person RDC one day; and for now, that I’ll be able to get an invite to this year’s RDC as well. It’s worth the hype it gets and it’s certainly a great opportunity to learn, network and see what’s coming up for the year. I really encourage attending if you can, if you get an invite! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m super excited about RDC 2021 as always! Can’t wait to listen to all of the presentations this year!

1 Like

This is gonna be an epic event, I already can tell.

Wow, always been my dream to get invited lets hope for the best !

1 Like

LETS GOOOOOOOOOO
Hopefully I’ll be able to attend this year!

What are the requirements to be invited, I wasn’t invited last year.

What are the requirements to be invited?

2 Likes

DevForum activity helps you get invited, but showcasing your creations on Twitter and the DevForum really helps.

Just be a developer and showcase your stuff and you’ll have a chance

You’ll get an email when you’re invited, sent to the one linked to your ROBLOX account

4 Likes

I’m excited to see how this RDC turns out. Can’t wait to see the Game Jam stuff!

Dang, I was really looking forward to in person RDC this year. I wish/hope you could reconsider this, maybe requiring attendees to be vaccinated or delaying the date

Why are people turning this into another popularity contest? It makes sense that the invites are very limited, especially for an event that’s normally held in person where there is an extremely limited capacity so the process has to be very selective.

Even though it’s possible to have a much larger capacity in a virtual event, it would:

1. Make it annoying for developers who were invited to the virtual event to not be invited to the real one
  2. Make it less interactive and less intimate because more people means less personalized interactions

Be glad that it’s even being held virtually…? Many organizations have simply cancelled their yearly events.

2 Likes

Will we finally get an ingame lobby with voice chat and VR functionality? :)))))))))

I know it’s disappointing, but it’s better to be safe than sorry. Not everyone is able to afford / get vaccinated in time for RDC. Going virtual is just the safest, cheapest, and most accessible way to attend during these times.

3 Likes

Ooh! I know I won’t be invited but I’m excited to see how it plays out! Hope everyone that gets invited has a wonderful time! The only main issue that I feel about the invite only system is, like what someone else said, it sort of excludes those who aren’t very well known, despite whether they’re an incredible developer or not. I think that finding a solution to this that lets more unknown developers with talent be able to get into RDC would be absolutely epic and would help them get more known among the community. But other than that I love what you guys do with RDC and I’m really excited to hear more about it this year!! Cheers! :blush:

2 Likes

Do developers need to apply for an invite to RDC, or does roblox hand pick people?

1 Like

That’s true, the new strains may be formidable :///

About the invite only status: I predict Roblox will be very lenient with who is invited—probably something like anyone who can post on the devforum (I think the utility gained by many from attending a large RDC outweighs the status gained by few from being invited to a small RDC, and Roblox already went this way when opening up the devforum). So I find it predatory that the RDC is called invite only, because this creates unnecessary stress

1 Like

Agreed, I’ve been wanting to get in for around 2 years, but the invite system never really handpicked me (probably because of my previous lack of developer history compared to this year)

Really disappointing especially when people who dont even develop that much (not naming any names), but not people who are looking to get started and learn from experiences like RDC.

Unfortunately that’s just how it is to reduce clogging the invited with children who aren’t going to attend / use the DevForum incorrectly

1 Like