Save the Date: RDC 2021

Update, RDC is in October!

Hey developers,

It’s time to announce all of the fun details of this year’s Roblox Developers Conference (RDC)! :partying_face:

As you may have guessed, we will be following the current guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control for gatherings / events. And with that, RDC 2021 will once again be a virtual experience.

More details will come soon regarding platform logistics, but know that we’re doing everything we can to make the experience as close as possible to the in-person event. We wish we could celebrate with you all in-person, however the world isn’t quite yet back to normal and we cannot predict where it will be during the time of RDC.

Regardless!

Mark off your calendars for the weekend of July 16th - 18th, 2021 because you’ll be busy having a great time at RDC: an exclusive, invite-only event where hundreds of developers from around the world come together for an epic weekend! Whether they’re here to connect, learn, innovate, or simply participate in Roblox talk, this is the ultimate conference for the most creative and imaginative community in the world :star_struck:

RDC 2021 Details

• Edit: TBD, please see above update

Please stay tuned as there will be more information released about RDC 2021 the closer we get to the event!

Thanks,
Developer Relations

617 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 17 minutes.

RDC is such an amazing event- I’m sure it’ll be even better with the LevelUp program. It’s amazing even to just see a recording of the event- with all the unique talks on development and such.

Would you consider adding applications like Roblox did for previous years?

Invite-only events tend to exclude those who have contributed tons but are not well-known, or those just lying in places staff simply haven’t looked. I would heavily consider adding a form and not making RDC invite-only. I’d fill out the form, in fact, and I’m sure many others would too.

There are many experienced developers who simply do not have the exposure or say twitter following; this would ensure those users would get a chance to participate.

121 Likes

I can’t see what’s in store for this year at RDC!:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :tada:

I am wondering will it be streamed for people who are not invited?

25 Likes

:star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

70 Likes

Excited for this event!
How will invites work exactly?

26 Likes

Well, I am going to miss In-N-Out burger :sleepy:.
This is definitely the safest way to ensure a great RDC though, so I am still very excited for virtual RDC this year (hoping to be my 4th year of attendance). Can’t wait to see you all (virtually)!

28 Likes

Whenever we’re invited or not, this gonna be an amazing event. :relaxed:

15 Likes

Cant wait to see everyone again this year even though it’s still virtual! It was a blast last year and honestly looking forward to it this year as well.

9 Likes

This is very exciting! I hope I will be able to attend it and meet other fellow Developers of Roblox! :grin:

7 Likes

Exciting stuff! Looking forward to the game jam in particular - it was great fun last year!

22 Likes

Glad to hear it’s virtual again considering that even though the pandemic is starting to curve, its anywhere but gone lol.

I dont expect to get selected like usual but who knows, I’ve been a lot more active here in the past year and finally a regular but shouldn’t be using that a status symbol shush, so anythings a chance?

10 Likes

Looking forward to this years RDC!

5 Likes

I can’t wait! This year will be pretty epic! Hoping to secure that invite and get the victory royale!

9 Likes

It’s a bit saddening :sad: to see another year of virtual RDC. However very understandable and we must respect the decision. This proves the power of the metaverse in still providing human connection! I’m looking forward to seeing everything in store for this year.

16 Likes

Excited too here this great news! :partying_face:

4 Likes

While it’s sad RDC is not in person, the online RDC was still a very fun experience, and I met a lot of my current friends through it. Excited for the event!

9 Likes

Excited to see what happens with this year’s virtual RDC, considering it was known it would be virtual in advance.

Speaking of which, since it’s virtual are there any plans for applications?
As someone who hasn’t been invited to previous events despite being a full-time developer for several years, a virtual event seems like a great opportunity to fill a few more virtual seats than you could in person. :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

I’m very excited for this year!

6 Likes

I honestly feel bad for those that had last year’s virtual “RDC” as the first one they attended. It pales in comparison to the real thing and really just isn’t the same.

Missing everyone I met in 2019 big time!

10 Likes