Say "Hello" to Display Names!

However, can have it set as your @.

Not sure if this has already been addressed, but will there be something in place to prevent another user from changing their display name to impersonate you or others?

2 Likes

One of the main points of DisplayNames is allowing basic names like “duck”, “zombieman” or “robloxfan” to be available to everyone.

1 Like

No, but some users like: “Builderman” and “ROBLOX” are locked and nobody can name themselves that.

That would t work and would severely limit display name choices. Say I change my display name to “Brella”, which is somebody elses current username. I wouldn’t be able to change it unless I changed it to have the fancy unicode text.

Exactly, Roblox should release this as a beta first for a certain amount of time and see how the community reacts to it.

4 Likes

That would restrict an absurd amount of possible display names, it would contradict the entire purpose of this system.

I’m just worried scammers might use the feature to impersonate well known people in the community.

2 Likes

I truly don’t see the benefits this could bring to the platform other than making the lives of impersonators and scammers easier.

6 Likes

This is probably not as big of a problem as many people think it’ll be, I trust Roblox. They’ll implement it correctly and there won’t be problems like that! @SlEGHART

This update is incredibly good this feature that is being added is going to make a big change.

i agree. this isnt helping out with anything, and its only making things worse.

2 Likes

Hello Display Names! :wave:
I have no idea what I would call myself other than Lunya but this is still pretty cool.

4 Likes

To be completely honest, I hope this does not get implemented. The cons far outweigh the pros.

Pros:
More customization, more flexibility.
Cons: Scams, Doxes, Trolling Ect…

5 Likes

Can multiple people have the same display name?

3 Likes

This update makes me concerned for impersonation for big names in the roblox community, roblox staff, admins, etc. And like @Crxzycar said, maybe make this something that devs can toggle instead of Roblox themselves since already the community is pretty gullible. In my opinion, this update will cause a lot of problems and I’m not a big fan. :-1:

2 Likes

Precisely my thinking, not to mention possible bypassed names.

yes it was said in the announcement

Hopefully Roblox has something in place to prevent impersonation.

1 Like