Say "Hello" to Display Names!

This is perfectly valid and understandable as changing your name constantly is unreasonable.
However, what if they make a mistake or type something they regret?
I feel like they should always be able to change back their display name to their original username if they want

I was able to change it with no limits by removing the “disabled” attribute in inspect element, quite a bad security example :roll_eyes:

Was just able to snag a Display Name. There’s a few issues I have with the current implementation though. I believe the actual username needs to be shown somewhere on the leaderboard, such as an @ underneath to prevent impersonation. Secondly, the UI on the pause / menu screen could use a little work, as it’s currently a bit harsh on the eyes.

1 Like

I was lucky enough to use it a little early, I did like it but sadly as many people guessed is impersonation is a big issue. You see many youtubers are talking about how you could just change the I in many youtubers names to L, and most people wouldn’t even notice. I could dress up like a youtuber, change my display name, and not chat. This would be a huge disadvantage to mobile and PC as the leaderboard updated to display names.

Where and how to do it exactly. I am so confused.

To what location would I have to set it too?

Germany. After setting your display name you can turn it off, it will still be there ingame. (I think)

Suggestions for a VPN? I’ve looked around but haven’t had much luck.

Setting Windscribe VPN to Germany seemed to work for me…

Update: you don’t need to set your location on the website to germany.

Setting it back to the United states still allows display name to work, however you lose the setting.

Update, Only happens upon turning VPN off.

However the chat won’t register it.

Update: as of now I found the setting to enable it.

Other than display names, I wonder if we will also receive the option to change chat color, that would be nice, maybe that could be a thing before display name fully releases later…

2 Likes

Is there anyway to get a Display name without a VPN?

Not yet. Soon Display Names will be rolled out to everyone.

1 Like

Yes, you could go to Germany yourself with a car, plane or train. But it might cost you some money.

4 Likes

Thank you. I’ll do this because I’m too impatient.

3 Likes

When I joined my own place that I created, I somehow got a DisplayName. No using VPN.

That’s not a DisplayName. that’s your username.

That’s his display name. For users that haven’t changed there display name it will remain there default username.

Like I changed mine a few months ago when It came out for testing

2 Likes

Ohhh, didn’t think of it that way :sweat_smile:

The display name update is 50-60% out but it is available in every game.

1 Like

@PictureFolder

There, was a video published by KreekCraft with the Following Free VPN: ROBLOX DISPLAY NAMES UPDATE IS HERE… (How To Change Display Name) - YouTube

called ‘windscribe’

I’m excited for Display names to be out soon, but the problem is impersonation. Someone could change it to a dev’s name, or a youtubers.