Say "Hello" to Display Names!

There should be a method of applying for a lock, and it could be for free or could cost robux, or you would have to join a group first. No clue.

I agree, I think it should have something similar to that. If it were robux, it should cost less then the amount for username changes.

3 Likes

I like this feature although I would still prefer to have a space in my actual username as well.

I’ve encountered my first In-game impersonation.

8 Likes

Hope he get’s banned, I thought it was real lmao.

Anybody not being ignorant will be able to tell it’s not real, whether it be seeing his real name in the chat, playerlist, or leaderboard, or seeing that he’s not part of the Video Star Creators group.

3 Likes

I am wondering when will this feature be available for users in the UK area?

Also touching apon the ‘impersonation’ topic:
I agree it could be abused in some ways but there are still the original usernames in place.
I do see it could be a place of potential scamming but that aside this update is quite good, I wanted something similar to what Steam offers.

2 Likes

Roblox has put in place display names. @SillyMeTimbers has no reasons to be banned.
I don’t know if your comment was as sarcasm or just misunderstanding.

2 Likes

I was talking about LonelySouls, not SillyMeTimbers.

1 Like

Sorry, I have worded the sentence wrong but you get my point. (I hope)
LonelySouls just used the Roblox’s function so I do not understand why you would hope for him to get banned.

1 Like

No, he’s/she’s impersonating mrflimflam. If you try putting mrflimflam’s name how it originally is, it’d be not allowed. LonelySouls put his/her name but switched the L’s for capitalised i’s, meaning he’s/she’s bypassing it. And bypassing isn’t allowed on roblox.

1 Like

After looking in some chat setting scripts, I found this.

This could be helpful if anyone wanted display names to appear in chat.

3 Likes

Ok and? Literally not even mrflimflam cares about this kind of stuff. He shoudn’t get banned just because of that. It’s Roblox’s fault of not having a system where capital 'i’s are accounted for.

2 Likes

I do agree with this, He shouldn’t get banned cause of that. just slapped with a warning at most and a force DisplayName Reset.

But knockoff names of popular users should most definitely be registered in the system.

1 Like

I think they re-enabled DisplayNames in my area, not sure for others.
Anyways, it’s not that easy to impersonate.

In the normal Roblox Client, they just have to check the leaderboard and menu.

On the secret Roblox Beta App, they just have to check the leaderboard. You can also check the menu if the game does not have an avater changer, and look for the Username and Avatar.

Tho, new users may get tricked.

1 Like

I believe Windscribe probably has it in the US South category or something. Pretty sure you can specify with NordVPN as well (it works with American states)

Yeah, I pointed that out a while ago, ChatSettings automatically disables it. (as of June 2021, it auto enables it)

Here’s a resource for you (from December btw but this has existed since September or something):

Exactly, I am trying to tell the exact same thing to him.

I was just saying, I don’t think they’ll just not allow mrflimflam as a Display Name on accident, it must have been for purpose, so if someone would bypass the filter they should get banned or warned for it and maybe a Display Name reset if they have that.

From what I’m getting from you guys, it’s like saying someone that’s playing explicit audio in a kids game shouldn’t get warned nor banned because the kids won’t mind it.

Plus it’s just an opinion at the end of the day, like chill yall :neutral_face: .

2 Likes

I like this update for single player story games (for example instead of saying their username said this, we could do their display name said this.)

2 Likes