Say hello to the new Lua dragger (Beta)

https://gyazo.com/26f6a71b09e025ff359d9449a9d9eefc

For some reason, whenever i want to scale X, it scales Z, and vice versa. However, Y works fine.

8 Likes

Attachments can still be moved in the new dragger, but they can no longer be rotated, is there a reason for this, or is it something that just hasn’t been added yet?

Aside from that, I really like the update

8 Likes

Is the transform tool being removed, or converted to Lua?

Yes, I use (and like) the transform tool.

7 Likes

This is awesome! Makes some fine tuning a lot less frustrating and massively improves the quality of life for building. I feel like this will help improve efficiency quite a bit and prevent some ragequits from happening :wink:

3 Likes

amazing - this improves everything! so happy to see this.

3 Likes

I tested it, and it was actually really amazing! I’d say the only problem so far for me would be the performance at the moment. It’s really been very jittery and in general, too slow for me to use for now.

2 Likes

This is a fantastic update! You really impressed me with this. 10/10 <3

3 Likes

OMG my heart.
This is just ART.
Finally!

2 Likes

Well, I’m not a builder, but this makes me so happy. All of the positioning and other stuff related to this stopped me from trying to build, but this literally makes it 100x easier.

1 Like

This is neat! There are a few things I’d request:

• Adjustable handle size
  • Adjustable selection box thickness, or provide an alternative to selection boxes

By the way, it looks like everything in Roblox Studio is going to be “luafied”. I wonder if the Explorer and properties tab will be luafied as well…

Edit: I don’t think global/local space has been added to the lua draggers yet… Please add them when they officially come out!
Edit: It actually has been added, it just doesn’t appear when you do right click.

10 Likes

This new feature is very exciting. It gives us a lot more accessibility and allows us to do a lot more with the building features. I think users are going to use these features for some really good builds!

2 Likes

Finally…

The banes of my Roblox existence have been fixed…

Thank you!

3 Likes

Noticed a few bugs when resizing as shown in the video attached.robloxapp-20200402-1608315.wmv (528.8 KB)

2 Likes

Didn’t realise Studio didn’t show my mouse; basically when resizing, it resizes on the perpendicular axis. I have also noticed parts automatically resize themselves upon dragging.

2 Likes

I just had this weird bug happen to me where my cursor is now stuck as the grabbing one (the hand thing).

2 Likes

I feel like this comes off as a smear ad against C++ lol. But super cool new feature!

9 Likes

What, you are saying me that the default Dragger was programmed in C++? Wow, anyways thanks for this update (So we can programm with Lua and C++? Ok, now i feel me very confused)!

I will try this (i hope it). And as @anon66957764 has say: why you do not use the default handles? From images i find the old Handle style much better, so Roblox can use old Handle style but with new Lua code, or not?

3 Likes

It’s also super hard to grab the new handles…

2 Likes

These features are so fantastic, and I can’t wait to try it out!
The feature has a very nice touch with the new Lua Dragger when dragging or tilting the part. It will make the buildings to look more easier with beginners to use and makes the perfect way for players to understand. However, I am really interested to see the new Lua Dragger being placed on Roblox Studio, and hopefully this feature goes in.

Thank you so much for giving us the greatest update, and for giving us the greatest gift on Roblox! You have done very well. :hugs: :roblox_light:

2 Likes

Even though this is a small change, this will definitely help make my workflow more efficient. Thank you, Roblox Staff!

4 Likes