Say hello to the new Lua dragger (Beta)

In Play mode, when I press i.e. Ctrl+2 to select Move, then Ctrl+2 to deselect it, the tools do not deselect and instead switch to the Select tool. It should only switch back to the Select tool in Studio mode like the old tools, or not at all.

Oop. Found another one.

Itā€™s likely because the Lua dragger creates a weld of some sort. I dunno. If you try to drag and duplicate, the product attaches to the object that youā€™ve tried to duplicate.

7 Likes

Ctrl+L will fix it, I believe it is intentional, not sure, my friend told me to press ctrl+L and it was sorted out for me.

2 Likes

If you just want to organize your instances, you can use Folders instead of Models. Parts inside of Folders will act as separate parts selection wise, but you will still be able to select the Folder to manipulate all of the parts at once with the move or rotate handles.

Even without using a folder, you can actually do this but only for single parts right now: If you hold down Alt and drag on a part, it will drag just that part and not the model.

I have a fix for this coming next week. It will still switch back to the select tool when you deselect another tool (people often accidentally end up with no tool selected, which is bad UX), but if you deselect the select tool, it will go to having no tool selected.

Thanks for the report, I have an easy fix for this.

1 Like

Only in Edit mode, I hope? In Play Solo, you should be able to easily deselect any tool. The Transform tool currently has this behavior. When deselecting it, it selects the Select tool in Edit mode, but no tool in Play mode. That is why double-tapping Command+5 is my way to go, because you canā€™t deselect the Select tool even in play mode right now!

Being able to deselect the Select tool would be a nice addition, but in Play mode deselecting any tool should deselect :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Where do you guys want us to report bugs for this?
Create a full bug report?

Because Iā€™m just experiencing it resizing on the wrong axis after rotating a part, along with the cursor always being the move hand cursor.

1 Like

Do a quick check through the posts here so far. Iā€™ve read every report made here so far. Most of the fixes have been written already and will ship in weekā€™s release.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll read through and check, thanks!

2 Likes

The first report I see was exactly what my problem was as well, so itā€™s probably already going to be fixed.

2 Likes

as long as there are no triangles in roblox, no

2 Likes

Is this intended?

Itā€™s kinda bugging me how I have the hand even though Iā€™m not hovering over anything grabbable. Iā€™ve also tried toggling on hardware mouse and that did nothing for me, either.
._.

4 Likes

Oh my God this is such an amazing update I have been waiting so much time for better tools!

1 Like

Here comes another one.

Sometimes if you swap spaces while dragging a model (and only a model, for some reasonā€¦), you get flooded with errors. Fun times.

3 Likes

A bit issue Iā€™ve found with this is that the old draggers were MUCH faster. I can hardly move massive models because (what I assume is) Lua being too slow.

4 Likes

Big issue with resizing objects! If you turn the dragger on and off it fixes but randomly sometimes the controls for resizing will reverse or swap so red does the action of blue dot and stuff!

1 Like

No, please DM me the model in question. I havenā€™t seen any behavior like that myself.

Could you scroll up to the original error? Once an error has occurred Roact gets confused and the rest of the errors are garbage. Only the first error shows the actual issue. Weā€™re pushing a lot of error fixes in this weekā€™s update, this will likely be fixed by one of them but I can still verify for you.

If you have particular workflow issues please share them. Some cases like dragging large models with joints + collisions enabled will inevitably be quite a bit slower. We want to make sure that no-oneā€™s workflow is broken by the performance changes, if you have a workflow that is now too slow, please DM me sharing it.

1 Like

Was loving this new feature while testing it out todayā€¦ Ran into this problem and had to disable the feature, because it would not allow me to resize a road line. https://gyazo.com/c376b8012abc7aa3e2315081f0b3a036

1 Like

Known issue, will be fixed on Thursday by this weekā€™s release.

1 Like

Will these changes apply to the terrain editor as well? Particularly, the new dragger improvements?

1 Like

I love thisā€¦ this will really help in the future, thanks @tnavarts and @LuckyKobold

3 Likes