Say Hello to the New Lua Draggers

This both is supposed to work and seems to work on my machine. Could you explain in more detail what part of it is not working for you?

Please use the old designs, the new ones are… weird looking.

6 Likes

Seems to have been an isolated incident. It wasn’t working when I was using that specific place an hour ago which I found odd, but I opened it again now and it’s working.

My magic powers say you might have had “Constraints” enabled while trying to move an anchored part or a part attached to something anchored in that last session, but now you have it disabled.

We’re aware that it’s easy to not realize you’re in this situation, and doing some work this quarter which will hopefully make things clearer.

1 Like

Is there anyway to revert to the old rotate tool because I find the new one a lot harder to use.

8 Likes

I highly dislike the new rotate and move tool. They look… off. I can understand how others may like them, but it’s not for me. Please make it so you can switch them.

(sorry for replying to you, didn’t mean to! :smile:)

8 Likes

I really like the new Lua Draggers that have been added in. From the new move, scale, and rotate, it’s nice to get a change every once in a while.

Move
There’s not much new with the move, other than the fact that it’s now the same size wherever you are in relation to the object.

Scale
I like the new scale because the orbs don’t overlap when you’re far away from a part, which is nice that it’s been finally fixed.

Rotate
The new rotate has improved too. I like how you are able to see how many Snap-To-Grid increments you’ve lapped (see video below)

However, this is the only new feature that has not sat well with me. Something about there being no XYZ orbs makes it a little more uncomfortable to rotate. The orbs were always on each direct side of the object, all perfectly 90° around the object. It feels a little wonky now that you don’t have a starting point to rotate the object. Along with that, the fact that you can start rotating from any point on the increment axis circle is good and all, but it makes it a little more confusing to know how many degrees you’ve rotated the object with the new increment lapper.

My suggestion is to possibly make an option in the settings that toggles the rotation orbs, because it seems that many users (including me) prefer having them back. We like the new features that the rotation offers, but we would also like having the option to toggle the rotation orbs.

Also, another thing to point out is a change with the snap to grid scaling.

I have no idea if this was added in this specific update, but view the video below:

As seen in the video, I have a part that is 5 studs across. When I set the Snap-To-Grid move to 4 studs and try to scale the part in (making it smaller), it seems to do a reverse scale (instead of moving 4 studs in, it makes the part only 4 studs long, rather than decreasing it by 4 studs). This happens on both of the XYZ orbs.

4 Likes

Thanks, this is an unintentional change in behavior, looks like I didn’t do enough testing with large grid snap increments to notice. It will be fixed.

3 Likes

Thank you, I thought it was just something I screwed up in my settings.

Although this doesn’t seem too bad, the drag tool gets in the way pretty badly. Multiple times I have clicked on a part, and it just for some reason unintentionally moves out of place. I have to Ctrl Z every time this happens.

3 Likes

I very much agree on that.
We need it.

2 Likes

petition for roblox to add toggle for rotation orbs/handles

3 Likes

Hi, thank you all for your feedback and notes about the orb handles. We are listening and hear you. We have work planned to solve the underlying need the orbs addressed in a much better way. We’re looking forward to sharing that with you.

5 Likes

The new draggers are getting increasingly frustrating and almost never work in expected ways, are there any plans to making a setting that uses the old ones?

4 Likes

I get what you mean for the dragging etc, but most of the time I drag a part (selection tool) to do a quick move to make a part flush with another part. I can see myself not getting used to the newer movement in that regard. I know I can always just enable collisions but you got to go up to the menu and click it.

1 Like

I agree with you I asked the same question, in my opinion there should be, as not everyone would want to use the new system

Agreed I hate that part of it, I use the dragging as a quick way to make parts flush with other parts. It’s frustrating working with the new way because you have to select in the right spot etc. Honestly there needs to be a toggle.

Because it seems like the are a lot of mixed opinions of this new thing. I get they might want to be like other 3d software, however for some it may be confusing who may be new to working with things like this. Not only that but people who been using it for years like myself, may find it hard to adjust, and get used to the new

Whenever I import meshes to default location I need to move them back to the map, before cut and paste would put the pasted object right on top of your selection, and now it doesn’t. Thankfully you can use the align tool but there’s no hotkeys and too many buttons to click.

https://i.gyazo.com/3fb1a6b8b5917781e6db26ef7933910c.mp4

Also having issues putting objects on top of each other if there’s parts underneath.
https://i.gyazo.com/4b4237ef99578178c69dfe3c6cd70d3a.mp4

1 Like

before cut and paste would put the pasted object right on top of your selection, and now it doesn’t.

I figured out what’s going on here, this is an unintentional behavior change. The new tools set the insert point too, but only do it when you actually edit the part in some way, not when you simply select it.

I will fix this. Given the above, as a temporary workaround, you can use the Move/Rotate/Scale tool and click on one of the handles to manually “set” the insert point.

For the second point, you accidentally linked the same gif twice, please re-share the other one. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you!

It was the top link that wasn’t correct, edited it.

1 Like