Scam prompts to buy a gamepass

Hello! I didn’t know where to post this, so I am posting it here.

So, in one of the games I am working on started getting some strange prompts (that are being spammed every 10-15 secs) to buy some admin commands for 91 robux ([SALE!] Admin Commands [SALE!] - Roblox).

I’ve never seen anything like that in my games, so I don’t know how to fix it. I use adonis admin but I don’t think it’s from it.

Any idea how to ban or block this gamepass to stop it from appearing in the game?

Any help is appreciated!

5 Likes

Most definitely caused from either:

• Inserted free models
  • Plugins. If you haven’t inserted any free models, chances are, you’ll need to vet your plugins (removing them individually to find which one is causing the issues)

Some models & plugins can look real, but some are designed to create backdoors and do things like this. Getting players to purchase something is pretty typical behaviour for fake resources, so I wouldn’t be surprised.

In summary, you’ll have to check all the free models you’ve inserted, vet your plugins and remove any other suspicious instances of possible backdoors.

4 Likes

Our game doesn’t use any free models. Plus the issue started appearing recently. I haven’t been in the game place in months so…

2 Likes

I will mark your response as a solution anyway.

2 Likes

Is it possible that your plugins are causing this issue? If not, then perhaps someone who has access to your game may have inserted it by mistake. It doesn’t appear by itself, something has to have put it there.

2 Likes

Mhm, alright, I will make sure to check everything, thanks for the help!

1 Like

Definitely check everything, my main account has a game I made in 2017, and it’s filled to the brim with backdoors and viruses. Most are from free models (I was a total roblox studio noob then), but plugin viruses can be common. Also, watch out for models and plugins that appear to be legit but are made by users who:

• Have a very recent join date
  • Have a default avatar
  • Have usernames like “RobloxTopModel”

I wish you luck finding a solution! :smile:

2 Likes

Alright, thanks! 30 characters

1 Like

Hi I was having this issue as well, it appears for me, to be a plugin, I deleted it and after a few days it went away. I’d recommend you try that

I hope this helps!

1 Like

If a plugin’s owner’s account is stolen, they can spread this with an update too so be careful.

2 Likes

Do you know which plugin caused this?

1 Like

Sadly I don’t quite know I think it may have been a fake moon animation suite but I amn’t sure.

I’d recommend deleting all your plugins that you have installed, or just keep ones you know are safe then it seems to go away in a few days after roblox moderates it.

Also run Control + Shift + F and look up Marketplace and see if that brings anything up.

3 Likes

Yeah you really just have to wait it out once you have deleted it make sure to tell your team to check their plugins. @BPilot253

1 Like

One of my friends had a fake F3X plugin made by ryk.

1 Like

Ah ok so it should hopefully go away in a few days at least that is what happened to me and my friend (on separate occasions) if you have a big game I’d recommend closing it for the time being until roblox moderates it which in both cases only took a few days.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

@BPilot253
Try using BTRoblox and watch the code of the plugins your use for watch if is have a backdoor

2 Likes

I Also Had That Problem: Its A Bug or a Backdoor?
I Recommend To Remove Plugins That You Dont Need.
And Check In Your Prompt Scripts (Like Gamepass/Dev Product Scripts).

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. I have nothing else to say.

1 Like

It may be Adonis, Adonis has had issues with backdoor scripts before… but, that’s just me guessing.

2 Likes

Interesting, I seem to recall also having an issue with Adonis a while back. But this time I am sure it was a plugin. (For my game)

2 Likes