Tek City [Updated Frequently]

Hello fellow developers!

My latest project is a Sci-Fi city which I am calling Tek City! I will be updating it frequently, and I am wondering if this is something people (when finished) would actually play. My goal is to keep updating the city a little at a time as the years go by. I am going for a very detailed look. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

–JayR

Notes

Note 1: My goal is to post 5 screenshots of my progress per month.

Note 2: This is a WIP, meaning that it is a very long term project.

Note 3: If you wish to make any contributions to this game, such as testing/developing, feel free to send me a DM!

Updates

Original Version

Update 1

Update 2

22 Likes

Nice work, however, it just seems a bit blank! I would recommend adding items around the alleyways, such as boxes, dumpsters, and other junk! Overall it’s pretty good! :smile:

7 Likes

So sorry for the late response!

Thank you so much for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated! I will definitely take your ideas into consideration!

1 Like

Update 1

Hello everyone! I am back with Update 1! As you can see I still have a long way to go, but I think this update went pretty well! Let me know what you guys think!

–JayR

In-Game Screenshots

1 Like

Update 2

Hello everyone! I know it’s been a while, but between holidays and school, I just couldn’t find the time to work on this project as much as I wanted to. But pushing all of that aside, here is the newest update of Tek City! Hope you like it!

–JayR

In-Game Screenshots

I also want to give @JollyGameCrazy a huge shoutout for making the skyscraper located behind the alley.

2 Likes

I like the scifi look to the city! It’s what I imagined it to be! I think you did a great job keeping the style flowing, as well as making the builds well made! Great job!

1 Like

So sorry for the late reply!

Thank you so much for the kind words friend, they are greatly appreciated! I look forward to seeing this build expand and grow, and I hope that it reaches its full potential one day very soon!

1 Like

Super nice work but the building’s sides are very bland, I recommend adding some windows or signs of some sort, but like I had said it’s aa good build overall and the, “Tek City,” sign gives me Ark: Survival Evolved vibes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree with @qu9090, the name “Tek City” is kinda off though.

I would rather go for a more of a name such as:Tech City

And yes its kinda overall, the background looks pretty bland. I would suggest making the background look more brighter than this, especially the street lights

It’ll be better to give it a PointLight, so we can see the constrat blended in.

1 Like

Awh heck yeah. Would love to see you expand this and give the city more personality.

1 Like

That bike looks amazing. Your builds have improved since the last time I was here, nice job! :+1:

Bike image:

1 Like

MASS REPLY

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for your valuable feedback, it is greatly appreciated!

@qu9090

I will probably be adding some windows to the sides of the buildings soon. Thank you for the advice!

@ViroTGP_YT

I named it “Tek” rather than “Tech” just to make the name stand out.

If I used PointLights on the entire build rather than SpotLights, the light wouldn’t look as realistic, as it would shine through things such as walls. And if I used PointLights on the street lights, the light would shine behind the street light, which is not realistic at all.

@Nilvou

Thank you so much for the kind words! I look forward to seeing this city expand as well!

@ItsPlasmaRBLX

Thank you for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated!

I love it too! However, since it is almost a year old, I may be doing a remake on it in the near future!

–JayR

1 Like

Agree with @ItsPlasmaRBLX but otherwise, you’ve done a great job with the lighting.

2 Likes

Absolutely incredible! Everything about it is perfect! :happy3:

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! It is greatly appreciated!

1 Like

This is a pretty good build, I love the ‘tron-like’ theme. I would recommend adding more depth to your buildings and the road. With the style you’re going for it’s hard to add details through color, but you can still add detail by using unique shapes and jutting out architecture.
Take this image for example:

Notice how the buildings here have many unique shapes and styles but still use the underlying color pallet. Try doing that.
Happy building!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I was actually going for that ‘tron-like’ theme, I have watched Disney’s Tron: Legacy probably a dozen times, and I still continue to watch it for inspiration!

Thanks for the tip! I have been a bit wary of adding unique shapes to my build, as I have never really designed complex buildings before; I am more of an interior designer than an exterior designer.

Thank you! I will definitely enjoy making this build!

Also, where did you get that picture from?? It looks so much like the city from Tron: Legacy, yet it looks different at the same time.

The image was from some Tron: Legacy concept art, I believe.

1 Like

It looks kind of bland at the first version, the second and third version looks much better with the decorations filling in the empty areas.

Great work!

Looking forward for more updates in your project.

2 Likes

Looking cool could add some signs though and more shapes/ various build designs because it’s a bit repetitive with the rectangular builds and neon blue. For the road to u could add more decoration like a bus stop and traffic lights!

1 Like