Screen Sharing!

Yay congrats on finally releasing this!! It genuinely looks so useful and is gonna be a must have for so many devs

1 Like

Gonna have to check this one out ASAP. Very awesome!

Is there a video or pictures on this?

2 Likes

this is against the tos by the way

multiple games got banned for using this

3 Likes

Is this a website or what? I tried to go to playit.gg but it’s blocked in my country and I hate using VPNs

This is against the TOS btw, games got banned for this

and I would need video examples

3 Likes

Playit.gg is a sort of proxy (dont use it as a proxy), that is meant to be used for people that may not have permissions to port forward from their ISP,

also examples are here: Screen sharing in Roblox

it’s a website for some sort of proxy?

It is a program that you can run, which tunnels request from their website link that they generate for you into your IP, without needing to go through the steps of port forwarding, if you can even do it, since some ISPs may block it.

I would recommend reading more about it on their pages though

1 Like

you should change it from 127.0.0.1 to 0.0.0.0.

While this is a cool thing, yes, this breaks the ToS as it bypasses Roblox’s image moderation. This script can efficiently be run on a web host to run in a live-game. Be careful as this post may get taken down.

4 Likes

Did you reply to the wrong person?

I think you should reply to the OP but other than that I agree

1 Like

Yeah oops, sorry about that.

2 Likes

This is amazing!
I know its against roblox TOS but does anyone have any idea on if its allowed for a youtube (for education purposes obviously and tested offline)

2 Likes

Are you sure that you input the correct IP:Port in the RequestManager script,
on line 12?

Since the only other mention of “Request denied” I could find online was from trying to request a blacklisted IP

i did
local HTTPAdress = "http://127.0.0.1:1241"
but how am i able to stream in game?

1 Like

Try running the python script:
I’ve also added a how to use section to this, to help people

tell me if you have any other problems if this one has been resolved

3 Likes

the script is going like it should(i think). and it works fine in studio, but not in game

1 Like

OH, I understand now.

You cannot have your local IP, while in game. You will either need to port forward or use a service such as PlayIt.gg.

Port Forwarding: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9jH8QPsVOw&ab_channel=TroubleChute

PlayIt.gg: https://playit.gg

I recommend using PlayIt.gg over things such as ngrok since they have a much more helpful server and offer more over ngrok

After you’ve port forwarded or used a service such as playit.gg you will need to change the HTTPAdress variable to that IP

If you feel like this is unsafe you can check the script content yourself and see that it is only being used to get your screen for Roblox

2 Likes

Roblox is literally releasing a dynamic image, how is this any different besides being made out of meshes instead of a vector image like the new dynamic image instance will be?

If Roblox is going to release the dynamic image, what is the problem with this?

2 Likes