Screen Tearing on PC

Is it obvious? I haven’t had any screen tearing with any of my 3 60Hz monitors.

I get screen tearing too on my 1080p60hz monitor, except my 960 2GB is just really old so I assumed it was an aging thing.

2 Likes

I only get that when I use roblox full screen

7 Likes

We need that unlocked framerate Roblox :point_left::ok_hand:

18 Likes

VSync + FreeSync and if David Bazooka is on the Green team then GSync too

1 Like

G-Sync is a bit broken right now with Roblox.

3 Likes

Yeah, on Windows the compositor now implements a few special optimizations that allow tearing with vsync disabled, and we disable vsync. We will likely introduce a vsync option that would switch between current behavior and vsync-to-monitor-refresh-rate; just forcing vsync on might introduce performance issues for users with lower end GPUs where the frame time can alternate between 60Hz/30Hz (G-Sync and other variable refresh rate technologies are designed to solve that…).

4 Likes

Are there any upcoming changes to bring up the framerate cap? There’s an excellent application I use that unlocks the framerate and it works flawlessly, bar some in-game cutscenes, which are probably synced with the framerate :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

We don’t have plans to unlock the framerate cap, however with the change that I’ve mentioned that we want to do, if you have a 144 Hz monitor, and have vsync on, we’d run at 144 Hz if your PC can handle it…

10 Likes

My 1080ti can handle anything…

5 Likes

If the game can run without the framerate cap I don’t see a reason for there to be a framerate cap at all. I have a 240hz monitor and would love to see Roblox in all of those 240 frames :hushed::ok_hand::point_left:

3 Likes

Isn’t screen tearing simply a fact of life for all 3D games? Sure, there’s Vsync, but that introduces input lag so I wouldn’t use it even if it were an option. So other than Vsync, I don’t think Roblox can really “fix” screen tearing.

Where did you hear that it introduces lag? You know how VSync works right?

1 Like

Keyword input lag…

1 Like

It is very important that you tell me what this program is called.

It has suddenly become a requirement for me to continue existing.

3 Likes

@zeuxcg I can confirm that roblox is still having screen tearing issues. no matter what vsync setting I set it on, I have an MSI GF62 Gaming laptop with a Core i7 Coffee Lake Clocked at 4,1 GHz. an Nvidia GTX 1060 6 Gigabyte, and my screen is a 1920 x 1080 at 60 GHz. if anyone has some suggestions to try and fix this issue please let me know

@zeuxcg
The screen tearing on my computer is unbearable when I play a game like phantom forces at FPS of 45.2 — 59.9FPS

My monitor is 1080p at 60hz
I know it’s the client of ROBLOX because I don’t get this issue with games outside of ROBLOX.

My hardware is mid range but it shouldn’t happen really happen. Fx 4130 cpu and r7 260x gpu with 16gb of ram.

With the screen tearing for me comes with stuttering also

I want to bump this topic as I am still getting screen tearing when in fullscreen. I’d really appreciate something like a v-sync option in the settings menu.

Is there a way to implement this into a Roblox game as a feature? :eyes: Asking for a friend of course…

Maybe it’s just your monitor?