Script Editor & Command Bar Improvements!

@darkmodeonn, this is amazing :} :+1:

It would also be nice to have this functionality for BrickColor as well

Thank you for the feedback @TheCarbyneUniverse!
We’re making changed to enable plugin developers to modify the “Custom” preset and offer more flexibility.
Furthermore, we’re fixing the partial highlights and looking into the command bar sizing :slight_smile:

1 Like

We’re looking into awesome autocomplete functionality that should help with that :smile:

3 Likes

@Btkelley17 @TheCarbyneUniverse would a larger command bar primarily help with reading the code or were you also interested in making it like a terminal interface ?

3 Likes

Yes, this change was intentional to help with differentiation since new syntax highlighting colors are being put into effect but we would love to hear any feedback!

3 Likes

We’re looking into this for future updates!

3 Likes

I was primarily concerned with making the command bar taller and have a larger font, but the idea of a terminal interface sounds cool.

By terminal-interface, do you mean a multi-lined command bar with a run button instead of Enter or literally a terminal? It does sound useful to have a multi-lined command bar because Lua isn’t a very console-related language (it doesn’t even functionalities to take input from it).

2 Likes

I am mutual on this change, as it helps us see the difference between the two but honestly i would like the global methods to have a thick outline again. Would it be possible to make keywords have a different color?

1 Like

Thank you! What are some of the deprecated Globals that are being highlighted?

2 Likes

We’re still not sure how it would look like, just happy to hear your feedback in the meantime :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can customize your keyword colors from Studio Settings → Script Editor → Keywords!

2 Likes

All the old ones.
Spawn
Delay
Workspace
Game
Wait
collectgarbage() — not sure
printidentity() — not sure

The ones with capital letter. They weren’t highlighted before.
I had in my script

local Workspace = game:GetService(“Workspace”)

—————————-
And Workspace gets highlighted.

1 Like

A way to scale the command bar. Sometimes big scripts are put into it, and it glitches out and you can’t see the code at all and you have to copy and paste it out into a different script to adjust it.

Are there any plans for a more in-depth API for plugins to interface with the script editor?

Specifically stuff like these two:

Improvements to the editor are great but being able to add our own functionality would be great.

1 Like

I’m running into some weird behaviors:

The second one might be intended, but what about the first thing?
Rough repro for first one is various copy and pasting + autocomplete.

3 Likes

Make the command bar support multi line code? Would be better having it there already instead of using plugins for it.

1 Like

Wow, that’s actually pretty nice.

I cannot paste an instance into a script using the Ctrl + Shift + V shortcut anymore. When I single click a script, it now opens the script in preview mode or something and I’m guessing that blocks the paste shortcut. The button in the context menu still works

Mine looks nothing like the thing I want it to be

What I want it to be:

What it is:

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.