We’re super excited to introduce a new set of Script Editor and Command Bar improvements! The biggest part of this change is customizable and accurate syntax highlighting to improve your
Advanced Syntax Highlighting
- Introducing Color Presets! Presets help customize your theme to look like other popular color schemes. You can even make your own color scheme by using the “Custom” preset.
To access this feature go to Studio Settings > Studio > Script Editor > Script Editor Color Presets.
The default theme is the existing Roblox Color Scheme.
- In the future we’re going to add Semantic Highlighting and make the categories more granular and customizable so stay tuned!
Additional Script Editor Improvements
More accurate syntax highlighting for number literals and multi-line comments/strings
Ability to set breakpoints on any line that contains executable code (even for lines that begin with a string or a comments
Color picker that can help you choose RGB and HSV values directly in the Script Editor! (awesome gif below)
Command Bar Improvements
Some of the noticeable changes in the command bar include:
- Support for the same syntax highlighting as the Script Editor
- Supporting autocomplete suggestions similar to the Script Editor
- Auto-closing quotes, parentheses and brackets
- Auto-complete will no longer suggest commands you’ve previously typed but you can still access them using the up and down arrows!
- Tons of bug fixes such as pressing Ctrl+Z after accepting an autocomplete suggestion