Script Editor Freezing Studio in Team Create

Thank you for the bug report. We are investigating, and believe we have isolated a root cause. We are testing a fix internally.

10 Likes

Praise the lords swmaniac, you are a god.

2 Likes

When do you estimate the release of the fix?

1 Like

I’m sorry; I do not yet have enough information give you a specific ETA. Rest assured, we do not intend to leave Studio in this state any longer than we must.

5 Likes

Can confirm this has been happening to me as well, really annoying as now even if I want to edit something minor I have to use VSC.

1 Like

I can confirm. I’ve visited multiple studios where team create was disabled, and I’ve only experienced lag in one of 11. Every studio with team create, however, has caused my msec (not sure what it exactly called, I would just call it ping) to raise by over 1000%.

1 Like

I can second this issue.

PC Specs:

Glad it’s being fixed. I’ve tried everything.

Can confirm this has been happening for me since last evening. I haven’t been crashing, but the editor is so laggy to the point that it’s barely usable.

1 Like

Same happens here… This is really frustating, could we please get confirmation that this type of practices wont happen anymore in the foreseeable future ? You have to test Studio updates before you push them out to the masses.

This bug has been preventing me from getting much meaningful work done for the entire work day (CEST timezone), and is unfortunatley not the first time critical Studio functionality has been broken as a result from a Wednesday update that was not rolled back. While fully appreciating this being a top priority and it being looked into, leaving the product broken for so long while the release could be rolled back to give developers a working toolset again is not appreciated.

9 Likes

For me studio is not freezing, but ever since this morning the script editor has been extremely laggy and doesn’t respond very quickly to key inputs. I agree that updates should have been significantly tested and/or rolled back as soon as there were any problems with them.

4 Likes

I’m getting slow FPS in the script editor as well.

I’ve noticed that the script editor freezes more if you type faster. Pretty bad for scripters who type fast (like me).

the script editor is also really slow for me past 100 lines of code anyone have any idea how to fix it? also started this morning ( cpu usage is never over 15% )

It started yesterday afternoon for me. It’s a headache.

It occurs to my script editor too, and it’s really disgusting.
Lag starts by typing 3~5 lines.

I have this problem as well. Although mine is a couple thousand lines long.

BIG PAIN.

can reproduce getting this issue extremely annoying, windows 10.

I am not experiencing the same bug, I suggest either

1. Closing all other programs
  2. Reinstalling Roblox Studio
    2.1 Reinstalling Roblox and Roblox Studio

Edit: Quick question what plugins do you use?

Update: We have disabled the update to the malfunctioning feature. Script Editor should now be restored to its functionality before yesterday’s update.

10 Likes