Script Editor Freezing Studio in Team Create

I’m still having issues. If anything it is worse then before.

Have you fully restarted Studio in the last half hour? If so, you may have found a different bug. Please post your OS and the environment you’re encountering the bug in: (Team create place? If so, then is collaborative editing on?). We’re having trouble reproducing these performance bugs in-house, so any details you can provide would be invaluable.

2 Likes

A question for everyone who had this problem: Which OS do you use, and do you have a solid state, or hard disk for your OS install? We’re trying to verify that our theory of the problem is correct and ensure it doesn’t happen again in the future.

2 Likes

I have Windows 10 updated to the latest build. I have a Samsung SSD.

I use Windows 10 and use a SSD for my OS.

win 10 recent build, os/roblox app/roblox studio is located on an SSD and local place files/autosaves are saved to an HDD

I have windows 10 and an SSD (I don’t remember which brand).

I am using Windows 7 with a hard disk.

Same for me. Worse than before. I’m using Windows 10 on an SSD.

1 Like

Windows 10 latest build on SSD

Windows 10 with an SSD as C:/

Happens when I make changes to my scripts, and when I go in/out of F5 testing as well. Causing severe hanging for even minor changes. Hope you guys can resolve the issue on your end.

Still experiencing this issue, not specifically with team create. got HD

Seems to be completely freezing and or crashing since reverting or patching the initial problem.

Windows 10 pro
NVMe SSD Drive

1 Like

Same here, I noticed that around 30 minutes ago (22:00 GMT + 1) studio started freezing when you did the little of tasks (for example searching in the Explorer Search inside a Project)

Windows 10, SSD installed

Windows 10 SSD, studio randomly freezes while playtesting, editing scripts or switching between building tools.

I am also unable to access the server tab in the dev console (live game) since these freezes started occurring.

Issue still occuring with me, my OS is Windows 10.
I’m unsure for what other details are needed, so please LMK.

This issue is occuring to me on almost everything “new” I do: for instance when I drag an object, it freezes my studio for approx. 5 seconds, and then acts like nothing ever happened whenever I try repeating the same action again.
Same issue occurs when scripting - everytime I use something I haven’t done in my session, like Ctrl+A in the script editor, it freezes. Using Ctrl+A after that initial freeze works fine from that point on.

EDIT:
Okay, it’s not just a one-time thing. Everytime I type something and a popup window is supposed to appear to help, this happens:
(The black rectangles are still there when switching to programs like Discord, btw).
That shows up for approx 5. sec then resumes to normal. VERY annoying to script right now!

2 Likes

I also have the same issue, but I figured out dragging the script window out of the Roblox Studio application helps

Issue seems to be happening for me still too. I use Windows 10 Home edition build 19041.508 with a SSD and an NVIDIA graphics card (GTX 850M, driver version 456.55). I’m not sure if it’s related to this issue, but I also seem to freeze up a lot whenever switching between the movement tools (select, move, scale). It only just started happening recently so I assume it’s part of the same update.

1 Like

This issue is back in a new form. Now the exact same thing will occur when typing for a few seconds or spamming a lot of code, not just based on the lines of code. Was the feature/change re-enabled with some extra preventions or something?

Edit: When it freezes, now a black box will appear and stay on all applications on your screen, the auto complete I’m assuming.

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/freezing-studio-memory-dump-files/800032/2

2 Likes

Back in black :sunglasses: but seriously this is not fun to see. Another note is that before this session, Roblox Studio took about a minute to launch from the intro splash page, and about 20 seconds to close out. This is the first time that’s ever happened on my pc or even studio just not responding, considering the binaries are on an ssd and I have more ram/gpu than I really need

1 Like