Script Editor Freezing Studio in Team Create

Freezes here w/a black window appearing in the script editor.

Windows 10 pro x64, SSD/HDD (Roblox installed to SSD), 16gb ram.

1 Like

Experiencing this myself.
For me, its not only on team create.

If I just go into a simple baseplate, or create a new place, switch building tools from resize to move or something, my studio will freeze.

If I’m scripting, a small box will appear when scripting.

Been struggling with this for some time now.

Studio is currently freezing up at seemingly random points now, not only in the script editor, especially when switching between the movement tools, as stated above. This makes scripting or building impossible.

This seems like a relatively new issue, as this hasn’t happened before. Does not seem to be related to high usage on anything (at least on my end, according to task manager).

Windows 10 Home (64-bit, 2004), SSD/HDD, Intel Core i7-8585u, Nvidia MX250, 16gb of RAM.

Experiencing this issue with freezing regardless if on team create or solo session. I’ll sadly have to close up the work for today until this gets resolved as it happens quite often. (3 times every minute average) :frowning_face:

Issue is seemingly fine for now, studio just opened without issue and I’ve been editing scripts without freezing up. I’ll reply if this changes during my session. Note that I only open studio from the “Edit” feature on my game’s game

This has been affecting me as well, any actions such as running a game, editing a script or even sometimes saving causes studio to hang and become unresponsive, been losing alot of ground for some projects of mine each time it happens.

Hi! For me it’s freezing with team create disabled!

2 Likes

Hello, after today’s update it seems the problem is back again, It is now extremely slow for me to type in a script once again.

Hello! Some questions for you: What OS, SSD or HDD, Team Create or individual editing, and Collaborative Editing on or off?

2 Likes

I am using Windows 10 and a HDD, team create is enabled, and collaborative editing is off.

I’m using an SSD and this issue is not prevalent when typing normally, but rather if I mash a lot of letters on my keyboard. Studio will just lag behind on the typing and the highlighting of the text by a second or so, not really that big of a deal for me since I don’t type as fast as I mash letters on my keyboard. I’m using Windows 10 in Team Create with no Collaborative Editing. It appears that the script editor waits for the highlighting of the text to finish before the rest of the text is typed, but the highlighting is really slow.

1 Like

Update: the fix for this problem is now released. Let me know if anyone else is having this issue!

3 Likes

There has been no change for me. Typing in a script is still significantly more laggy than before the update for me. Before it was flawless and i could type as fast as possible with no issue. Now i have to type slower since the editor is slow and lags behind. Typing anywhere else like in a command bar for example is still fine. It is only in the script editor.

The gif below is me typing in the command bar vs the script editor
https://gyazo.com/604562b2d18844adda33bd4a80a8a37c

I will say though, compared to when the issue first appeared several days ago, it is not as bad as it was originally. Though its still highly annoying and i can imagine typing a full script would not be pleasing now.

The script editor lags badly for me. Detaching from the main studio window fixes the issue. Windows 10 pro x64, 2 1080ti’s, latest nvidia driver.

Also interestingly enough, the entire frame rate bogs down on my PC when the script editor is opened.

Edit: Fixed! For those who are also having issues, make sure g-sync is set to full-screen (If you have g-sync on), windowed is the setting that caused the issue for me.

Hi I am still having this issue on OSX. 1 second to display each character. Wed Oct 14th.

With or without team create enabled?

Also, do you have V-Sync (or G-Sync) enabled?

2 Likes

Yes, I have team create is enabled.

I can’t seem to find out what v-sync is. How would I check to see if it’s on or off?

Thanks!

I tried turning off team create, and the same issue is still happening. It is so slow almost impossible to code in right now.

As an experiment, please try pulling the Script Editor tab out of the main Studio window (you can do this by dragging on the tab where the script’s name appears above the editor). If the problem is what I suspect it is, this might help.

2 Likes