Script Editor lag, Window-dragging broken, Find issue, Quick Access Toolbar reset

I am having several issues since the last Studio update. I am on Mac.

1. The script editor is so laggy it is no longer usable. I am having to copy-paste it to an external editor for anything more than tweaking a line. There is an annoying delay after each character I type. When I scroll, it takes days (and when I stop scrolling, Studio won’t let me do anything else until the scrolling catches up).
  2. Dragging windows (e.g. Explorer, Properties, etc.) is impossible: I tried opening a tab in the Diagnostics window and it combined it with Advanced Objects. When I tried dragging it back, it lagged and when I let go it was a separate window and I cannot get it to go back.
  3. When I press Cmd+F or Shift+Cmd+F to Find in scripts, the textbox is no longer selected. I use these all the time and now I have to click in the box before I can type (which defeats the purpose of having a keyboard shortcut in the first place).
  4. (Minor) The Quick Access Toolbar reset my preferences. I had to try to remember the icons I set and place them again.

I know you guys don’t screw Studio up all at once on purpose, but this was a pretty awful update. Thanks in advance for the fixes :smiley:

1 Like

I think, only on AZERTY keyboards:

pressing “ALT GR + 2” for “~” is not working anymore, so doing “if object ~= nil then” is almost impossible if I didn’t pre-copied “~” on another text editor.

1. I’m unsure why this is happening. It seems fine for me. Does this happen to you in an empty baseplate with a new script as well?

2-3 are both known issues with Mac that we’re looking into.

4 most likely was a result of us changing to our new software and should not happen again for you. If it does, please let me know!

Yes, it still occurs in a new, empty place.

I’m having the same trouble with problems 1-3 (especially 1, really annoying)

MacBook Pro 2016

Edit: QWERTY keyboard

1 Like

Same thing is happening to me on a nordic keyboard (QWERTY):

It just happened again :l

Does this happen for you every time you open Studio? If not, when is this happening?

It doesn’t happen every time I launch Studio, so I can’t say for sure. I used Studio on Saturday and launched it multiple times and it was fine (in terms of keeping the Quick Access Toolbar preferences). I didn’t touch my computer on Sunday, and then this morning (Monday) when I launched Studio, it had reset again. If I close and open Studio now, the issue does not occur.

You probably know this, but for reference, issues 1-3 are still occuring.

What version of Mac OS are you running? I’m unable to reproduce 1 or 4 yet. The other two are known issues that are in our pipeline.

macOS Sierra
Version 10.12.3 (16D32)

Issue 4 just occurred a third time, only this time with a vengeance.

This time I was writing a script. I hit Save. It acted like it saved. I hit Play Solo and Studio crashed.
I re-opened Studio and the place file, and it was outdated. For some reason the save actually failed, despite not printing any errors in Output. I lost my progress. I checked the AutoSave folder, and it was empty. And Quick Access Toolbar was reset.

These errors are really getting frustrating. It’s getting harder and harder to develop in Roblox Studio.

1 Like

Quick Access Toolbar reset again just now. It’s basically a daily thing at this point…

What are you trying to add to your Quick Access Bar that is getting reset?

I keep setting it to: New, Open, Save, Play Solo, Run, Stop, Object Browser, and then two of my own Plugins.

However, this isn’t so big of an issue for me as the laggy script editor. If possible, please focus on that issue first.