Scripters Quality-Of-Life [v1.0.1]

The Scripters Quality-Of-Live Plugin

This plugin was developed initially by myself as a private tool I could use everyday to make my scripts more organized and easy to navigate. I’ve decided that it would be a very useful tool for the public, especially in collaborative efforts or when working with APIs.

Plugin
Asset ID: 10708378692

FEATURES:

Script Information

image_2022-08-24_224550985
The script will display the Script title, Character Count, and line count of the currently selected script.

Special Comments

image_2022-08-24_224736827
Specially formatted comments will be displayed directly under the script information. Clicking on the comment in the information panel will take you directly to that line.

Function Definitions

This style of commenting will create a function definition, supporting Rich Text entries. These will be listed below the special comments and can be extremely helpful in an API module.

Show All Functions

Suspect that there is a function without a function definition comment?
YOU CAN STILL FIND IT!

Security Features

Not only does this plugin make developing scripts easier, but it also can help in locating backdoors and hidden scripts!

Require Alert

loadstring() Alarm

Flashes to alert you to the existence of a loadstring call

This plugin is something I have used in my daily life and has made it much easier, so I hope you will find the same usefulness in it as I have.

Comment Formatting
Special Comments use the format: --[ comment ]
The space between the [ and c is required.

Function definitions must be formatted:

--[[
Function Definition Here
--]]
17 Likes

This is a great system overall, currently using it to add documentation to my Framework System(not yet released). Makes documentation and security easy overall

2 Likes

It would be nice if the plugin recognized --[[ ]] comments as function definitions only if they had a comment directive, like:

--[[ --!funcdef
Function Definition Here
--]]

so you don’t have random function definitions for comments not intended to be one in the script info window. other than that, this is a nice plugin :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That is actually a great suggestion.

I’ll look at adding that as a way to write a function definition.