Scripting a gui to make the map go disco (Like the admin command :Disco)

I need to be able to click a gui and then the map will go disco like the admin command, :Disco. When I click the gui the map doesn’t go onto disco.
The issue is I can’t get it to work when I click the gui.

Screenshot at Dec 21 17-07-23

(The photo below is located in Server Script Service)

(This is in a local script inside the gui)
Screenshot at Dec 21 17-08-14

(The other scripts you can see in the “Disco” GUI are running different things when the gui is clicked. They work.)
Screenshot at Dec 21 17-08-23

Although I don’t even know if ColorCorrectionEffects can achieve this, you might want to give it an try.

I’ll just do some search, to avoid time wasting.

Thank you, I haven’t got a clue what the problem is.

game.Lighting.Ambient = BrickColor.random().color

Ambient is supposed to be a Color3 value, isn’t it? Not a BrickColor value

game.Lighting.Ambient = Color3.fromRGB(math.random(-255,255),math.random(-255,255),math.random(-255,255))

Oh, wait, I think I noticed it.

You didn’t set the value of isDisco to anything. Setting it to not it / the reverse of it won’t work. You need to set the value of it to false, by default.

And ColorCorrectionEffect.TintColor (roblox.com) seems to have a very similar effect, if not the same, to Kohl’s Admin Command’s disco command’s effect.

Edit: After just testing, Lighting.Ambient already seems to achieve that. You should rather keep what you have.

Wait, was that overuse of ’ ?

Oh, thank you! I’ll also try the block of code that was sent by jack.

Thank you, ill try it right now.

1 Like

That unfortunately didn’t work.

Ill set the value and try that right now,

The isDisco value needs to be defined by something first before that while loop can work

I have defined it haven’t I? At the top. ‘Local isDisco;’ Also means, local isDisco = false

No, it’s defining it as a nil value
Just change local isDisco; to this local isDisco = false and see if any changes are made

Alright. Will do. Thank you. .

Oh yeah another thing: You can add print statements as well to see where your line of code stops

Nice!! I’ll add it in, also changing it to local isDisco = false, that hasn’t changed anything.

Nothing is even printing, I don’t think the script it even running.

That should work, even if he doesn’t define it as anything.

Player.Team returns a Team instance, not the team name. You are comparing an instance to a string

Player.Team.Name is what you are looking for: Player.Team

Alright, let me try that right now please bare with me.

Correction - You are comparing the Player.Team to the Team instance, that is not the problem. I misread your code.

The only thing I can think of is that the script is disabled, or you are not firing the remote event from a client at all.

Ive edited it and Ive checked nothing is disabled.