Scrollbars need some changes

Issue #1: The default image is badly designed

Details

It’s not at the right size, and has that black outline thing. Unusable for anything that is meant to look nice.
It is also transparent, which from my experience on Roblox, is not common in games at all.

Screenshot_444

I’d suggest something like this:

Screenshot_445

Except with the top and bottom actually at the correct size, which leads into my next issue…

Issue #2: The size of the top and bottom parts of the scrollbar are unknown and not customisable

Details

What it looks like in my image editor and previewer (vector + black background):

What it looks like in the scrollbar:
Screenshot_447

Anyway, it’d be much easier to be able to customise the top and bottom size.
While it’s fine to make your images to a set size, there’s no good way for showing read-only (not modified by anything at any security level) information in studio.
Developers being able to see and edit the size is therefore the most effective solution (IMO).

Issue #3: All other GUI image objects can have colors and transparency edited - but scrollbars can’t?

Details

It’s inconsistent with other GUI image objects, and especially annoying to make a change to transparency or color since you not only have to upload 1 asset, but 3.

A possible solution is adding these two properties:

• <float> ScrollBarTransparency
  • <color3> ScrollBarColor3

Issue #4: The scrollbar requires too many assets

Details

3 in total. Making a single change to the full bar currently requires 3 new assets that cannot be organised in any way other than time.

Why can’t we just do some three-slicing on a single image?

Thank you.

24 Likes

I’d like to do this in the future. I’ve never bothered to customize the scroll bar because of how much of a pain it is to do so. I don’t know when we’ll get time to work on this though.

8 Likes

Just for now anyways the top and bottom of the scrollbar are square. So if its 10px wide then the image should be 10px x 10px

4 Likes